18:53, Sun 9 Jun
There’s a 2hr 43min video of it on YouTube, just watched the whole thing and how proud were you taking a good Liverpool team to the end? We got robbed but typical blues fashion, we rose to the occasion.
Just made me look back on Francis’ time with blues and it’s a shame he just could never get us over the final hurdle, despite having money to spend he did a good job. I’d kill for a repeat of 3 play off finishes nowadays although the heartache is hard to take.
18:56, Sun 9 Jun
Plus I miss the ‘La la la’.
19:22, Sun 9 Jun
Loved that Blues team. It's a shame a lot of them never got a crack at the prem.

That said I remember Bruce coming in and giving away our captain O'Conner and our top scorer in Marcelo and thinking the bloke had doomed us. Didn't turn out too badly in the end!
19:31, Sun 9 Jun
We were talking to pool fans after in the pub and they admitted we were robbed. David Elleray cost us the game.
Francis didn't have much luck. He was robbed in the playoff semi final as well.
19:49, Sun 9 Jun
JPMckeown90
Plus I miss the ‘La la la’.

Exactly.
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
20:20, Sun 9 Jun
Incredible the way the game turned after we got the penalty. I didn't think we were really in it until then. Good Liverpool team as well. That's how I remember it anyway.
DES
20:57, Sun 9 Jun
choc4
We were talking to pool fans after in the pub and they admitted we were robbed. David Elleray cost us the game.
Francis didn't have much luck. He was robbed in the playoff semi final as well.
Robbed in semi? Yes at Preston for sure
Kro
21:19, Sun 9 Jun
That was a great day. I was dead in line with Robbie Fowler when he scored that volley - feck me, it moved in the air, swerving and dipping at great speed.

As others have said, though, we'd have won that game if it weren't for David Elleray.
21:33, Sun 9 Jun
The Policing was shambolic by the time we parked we missed the first two minutes despite setting off at 9am. We woz robbed by Elleray.
21:34, Sun 9 Jun
What a player Robbie Fowler was in his prime. He absolutely took the piss with Witton every time he played against them for a few years. Was great to watch at the time.
21:57, Sun 9 Jun
Inspector Montalbano
The Policing was shambolic by the time we parked we missed the first two minutes despite setting off at 9am. We woz robbed by Elleray.

You were one of the luckier ones. I went on the coaches and walked into the stadium just as Fowler scored. It was an absolute shambles
22:32, Sun 9 Jun
I got there ok, but eff me getting away was ridiculous.
Got back at 3am
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
22:46, Sun 9 Jun
Yes, us too. Got there in time, managed a few beers first, but getting home was a different story.
That was liquid football!
23:15, Sun 9 Jun
Went by train, wasn't too much of a problem. The Liverpool fans didn't look particularly exultant.

Stopped at one point outside a town. Bloke was on his mobile and looked up. "Where are we lads?" Someone looked out of the window. "Tescos."
06:47, Mon 10 Jun
I stayed at one of the big hotels brand name, might have been the Hilton on the sunday morning the reception guy said if you are not staying here tonight it will pay you to park your car on the layby over the road.

Great advice i was back in Brum for around 21.00.

Got into work the next day and other mates were saying they got back around 02.00.