09:25, Mon 10 Jun
B13blues
Incredible the way the game turned after we got the penalty. I didn't think we were really in it until then. Good Liverpool team as well. That's how I remember it anyway.

I remember it the same. We really didn't make Liverpool break a sweat until we got the penalty.

To be fair, in extra time we played really well and could easily have won it - but for the prick Elleray.
09:37, Mon 10 Jun
Hughes came close for us with an amazing lib attempt.

Absolutely gutting day but filled with pride
10:21, Mon 10 Jun
My main memory is Fowler coming across to our fans and clapping them. He showed great respect to us.

Scored a good goal though I’m convinced a taller keeper would have stopped it
12:03, Mon 10 Jun
My Blue Heaven
My main memory is Fowler coming across to our fans and clapping them. He showed great respect to us.

That's because Liverpool won , it's easy showing respect to your opponents when you win .
13:58, Mon 10 Jun
Paneristi
My Blue Heaven

That's because Liverpool won , it's easy showing respect to your opponents when you win .

Thought he clapped, because the amount of Blues fans who stayed right to the end. < pardon the pun >
14:08, Mon 10 Jun
I met Robbie Fowler at Manchester Airport bizarely a couple years back. Just off an Emirates flight, waiting for our cabs to take us home.

What always sticks in my mind is while the celebrations were kicking off in the Liverpool end, Robbie Fowler jogged half way up the pitch on his own and applauded the Blues fans, fantastic bit of sportsmanship. I reminded him of that incident, and thanked him for it, he laughed, said it "felt like the right thing to do"

Might have some dodgy sides, but always came across as a decent and humble fella.
14:20, Mon 10 Jun
Drinking in the Hilton bar before the game with every 'face' in attendance including Jim Sherry with his scar

The Liverpool fans kept very quiet!
Dong Ren out
20:32, Mon 10 Jun
DES
DES
choc4
We were talking to pool fans after in the pub and they admitted we were robbed. David Elleray cost us the game.
Francis didn't have much luck. He was robbed in the playoff semi final as well.
Robbed in semi? Yes at Preston for sure
Kro

And Watford.

Barnsley was a bit of a shithouse though
Into The Shadows playing live at...

2nd August - Exmouth Pavilion
10th August - Prince of Wales Theatre, Cannock
17th August - Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
28th September - Evesham Arts Centre
15th November - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton
20:45, Mon 10 Jun
Gary McAllister and Sammi Hyppia also made sure to shake hands with all the Blues players before going off to celebrate. Class touch.
20:58, Mon 10 Jun
Ok mate what’s the lottery numbers for Saturday?
My Blue Heaven

Scored a good goal though I’m convinced a taller keeper would have stopped it

This with bells on. And Blues clapped him back. Respect. He came across well in Harry's Heroes too.
remember MJ sat against the post, distraught.

Fowler walked out of the team celebrations and the length of the pitch to pull him to his feet and console him.

Had a lot of respect for Fowler after that.
Dong Ren out
13:31, Tue 11 Jun
Spike
B13blues
Incredible the way the game turned after we got the penalty. I didn't think we were really in it until then. Good Liverpool team as well. That's how I remember it anyway.

I remember it the same. We really didn't make Liverpool break a sweat until we got the penalty.

To be fair, in extra time we played really well and could easily have won it - but for the prick Elleray.

Even in normal time though I recall that whilst we didn't create much in the way of chances we had a fair bit of the ball and they didn't exactly look that great either.
14:56, Tue 11 Jun
My dad drove down and had left brum earlier than most, thankful we did as congestion was not fun!

Walked a long time, ate nearby, got in early, enjoyed the atmosphere. What a ground it was. And the fans were in full voice all game long.

Gutted to not win but not heartbroken our club took on oen of the heavy hitters who took is very seriously and almost pulled it off. Could feel nothing but pride, with every liverpool fan knowing they'd gotten away with it.
DES
16:54, Tue 11 Jun
That Liverpool team won five trophies in 2001 so best cup team in Europe and we gave them a very good game!
Loved the day but gutted at the ending!
Summed up Trevor’s luck in the big games at Blues!
Kro

Ps loved Robbie Fowler, what a goal! And what a gent!