08:46, Tue 11 Jun
I see there’s been complaints about the lack of male pundits and presenters at the women’s World Cup, am I the only one who doesn’t mind? ‪

Why are people so desperate for ex players who’ve already earnt millions in their careers to have further opportunities?‬

The women’s game need financial incentives to help it grow and lucrative opportunities post career is one way to provide that.

I’d also have the women’s national team receive a higher salary than the men’s team, as the men don’t really need it and I believe give it to charity anyway, and again the FA need to come up with financial incentives to help grow the women’s game.
08:49, Tue 11 Jun
Easier on the eye too👍.
09:16, Tue 11 Jun
Why do we need to help it grow? The coverage it gets already exceeds what it deserves in terms of popularity
09:20, Tue 11 Jun
If people want to watch women's sport, they can do.

They choose not to.

The fuss about the pundits is hilarious.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
09:22, Tue 11 Jun

They choose not to.

Except that it seems to eb getting more popular:

[www.bbc.co.uk]
09:26, Tue 11 Jun
Scoobers

They choose not to.

Except that it seems to eb getting more popular:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Shows you what can happen when the Sky monopoly doesn't put major events behind a paywall.
09:26, Tue 11 Jun
Most of the current crop of male ex players commentating on the game are morons.

I don't watch or follow any of the female cricket or football but i caught a bit of the WC game last weekend and the ladies appeared to be doing ok
09:31, Tue 11 Jun
What world cup?
09:43, Tue 11 Jun
WSL attendances are pitiful though.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
09:50, Tue 11 Jun
e17blue
Most of the current crop of male ex players commentating on the game are morons.

I don't watch or follow any of the female cricket or football but i caught a bit of the WC game last weekend and the ladies appeared to be doing ok

It baffles me when people were complaining about Alex Scott doing the punditry. She's far better than the likes of Owen or Henry.
10:00, Tue 11 Jun
Agreed, some of the ladies who have popped up on mens games are far more eloquent and knowledgeable than their male counterparts.
10:12, Tue 11 Jun
They can get rid of all the pundits waffling on about either mens or womens football as far as I'm concerned.

Waffling is waffling, I don't differentiate between the sexes.
10:21, Tue 11 Jun
I really enjoyed the England v Scotland game. Like Spike says, who really cares what the pundits say?

6.1 million watched it, loads more than the blokes doing their end of season tour thing on Sky.

When the weather turns, it would be great if the home cricket world cup had been free to air. I know I'm getting more miserable because i miss the good old days of channel 4 cricket, football Italia, transworld sport and 90s boxing on terrestrial tv.
10:44, Tue 11 Jun
I didn’t mind seeing Hope Solo as a pundit during the England Scotland women’s game the other day 😍
12:48, Tue 11 Jun
Emma Hayes the Chelsea Women’s Manager is excellent, really knowledgeable and puts her point across better than most of the men. Alex Scott in my opinion is awful, she’s a lot easier on the eye than Emma Hayes but no where near as good.

Some of the male pundits are terrible and don’t deserve the air time they get, Redknapp, Merson, Savage, and Chris Sutton are especially poor. Wish they’d put Liam Rosenior on more he’s the best pundit on sky at the moment.