13:49, Tue 11 Jun
Considering getting a season ticket for Feyenoord next year in addition to my BCFC ST and 10+ away games. They are only about £250 and you can stand and drink whilst watching the game and I can get over from London in no time, better to watch Feyernoord v Ajax than Birmingham v Blackburn.

Just wondered if anyone had got STs with other teams, I used to have one at Charlton as well as my Blues one as it was local. I do think it is important to support local teams if you are not lucky enough to live in Small Heath or Bordesley.

Anyone got any good recommendations for Dutch, Belgian, French or German teams for a few booze ups 4/5 times next season?

Many thanks
13:58, Tue 11 Jun
Lucky you say 🤪
14:01, Tue 11 Jun
I went to a game at Feyenoord last year - easy to get to from the airport, but the ground is a bit in need of a facelift for sure. Also went to one at Eintracht Frankfurt- couple of stops from the airport, you can drink in your seats there too and of the 2 I think I actually preferred the Frankfurt game. You can stand there too if so desired.
14:04, Tue 11 Jun
You could do several Dutch German and Belgian teams within an hour of each other in and around Aachen/Koln

JC Roda
Aachen (lower league, but great facilities)
Borussia Moenchengladback
Koln
Schalke
Leverkusen
Düsseldorf
Lots more in Germany
Eupen (see Keita if still there)
Standard Liège (should be champions league?)

You could, in that area, do several games in one weekend, quite easily.

In France, Lille (which is also a decent city to visit)
@Bluewurst1875
14:17, Tue 11 Jun
Didn't know that, you have just inspired a weekend away (or 2)
Dan
14:17, Tue 11 Jun
I've had a season ticket at Villa in the past and considering getting one again this year. Means you have a home game each weekend, get to support another local side and now also get to see Premiership football again.
14:20, Tue 11 Jun
Dan
😁
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
14:21, Tue 11 Jun
Dan
I've had a season ticket at Villa in the past and considering getting one again this year. Means you have a home game each weekend, get to support another local side and now also get to see Premiership football again.

50/60 yeas ago this wasn’t uncommon.
14:28, Tue 11 Jun
Dan
Not sure if you are joking aha. I could never watch another team regularly in our league, and defo not in the Midlands unless we are talking non-league (Solihull).

Some great tips here though. I find getting tickets tough in Holland as to buy through the clubs you often need a fan pass type thing and I don't like touting, so was thinking Feyernoord then could watch the bigger games and see Dutch football through the Feyenoord lens (you can get an away pass for something like 11 Euros).

I have a mate who is a Kaiserlautern fan and we have an agreement he will hate Villa as long as I hate Eintracht Frankfurt... Sheisse Eintract Frankfurt. So they are a no go- but you are right plenty of options.
14:30, Tue 11 Jun
Dan
Dan

Don't you feel dirty?
14:30, Tue 11 Jun
Dan
I hope you have a tin hat Dan
14:32, Tue 11 Jun
Dan
Dan

Do you have to sing the yippee-aye-eh song while wearing an extremely tight pair of trousers?
14:34, Tue 11 Jun
Dan
Linked Image

Linked Image
15:19, Tue 11 Jun
Didn't know that, you have just inspired a weekend away (or 2)

Happy to help

I have only scratched the surface of the Koln teams too.

More than happy to help with recommendations/travel/hotels etc too.

It would have made an awesome four team pre season tourney for Blues too (with world class sport/hotel facilities, and all teams within 15 minutes

JC Roda have a blues connection too. So Dutch, German and Belgian teams playing Blues
@Bluewurst1875
Dan
15:57, Tue 11 Jun
Durham Blues
Dan

Don't you feel dirty?

Why would I?