18:10, Tue 11 Jun
I didn't realise Mugabee was from Yorkshire until I read his name backwards
18:18, Tue 11 Jun
Given the fact that all horse races are rigged anyway I'm sure what the story is here. The entire industry is corrupt from top to bottom but those who like a day at the races choose to turn a blind eye.
08:55, Wed 12 Jun
There's been a few pieces in recent years about how affiliates make money - I don't think the majority deliberately post losing tips, but it does open it up to chancers who can buy a few thousand followers and seem legit.

Best advice is to do your own research!
09:02, Wed 12 Jun
Bettings always been a mugs game. Hence there being so many betting companies
What did the Knights in White satin?
09:02, Wed 12 Jun
Chris
There's been a few pieces in recent years about how affiliates make money - I don't think the majority deliberately post losing tips, but it does open it up to chancers who can buy a few thousand followers and seem legit.

Best advice is to do your own research!

I worked in this sort of field for a couple of years and tbh, I would stick to doing my own research too.
09:35, Wed 12 Jun
The best tipsters educate or inform whilst giving selections. Avoid those who just throw up massive accas or tips with no explanation.

If you're looking for a decent horse racing tipster you can do worse than 'The Northern Gamblers'. They do a podcast every week previewing the weekends' racing, and share their betting strategy as well as their selections w/ justifications.
09:44, Wed 12 Jun
It's pretty obvious when you think about it. All these tipster pages on social media that have specials with certain bookmakers? Why would a bookies want to promote people who would genuinely help people take money off them?
09:57, Wed 12 Jun
yeah well the thing is - bookies want all customers. If you turn out to be a winner you'll be banned - or you will only be able to get on small stakes so that the bookie can track what you are betting on and change the prices. If you are loser, great for them.

From a bookies point of view, a customer/punter who they acquire through a tipster is going to be recreational/typically a losing customer, so they are willing to pay quite a bit to the tipster to acquire them.
18:07, Wed 12 Jun
But that's so wrong.
I didn't realise Mugabee was from Yorkshire until I read his name backwards
18:10, Wed 12 Jun
I understand why the bookies do it. What I’m saying is you have to be a fool to follow a tipsters advice who is being promoted by one of them, and clearly there are plenty about.
18:12, Wed 12 Jun
Pot Noodle
But that's so wrong.
Why?
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'