Re: Dong speaks

23:54, Wed 19 Jun
I can see that all this crap going on is undoing all the work of last season in bringing the fans together, can already see this is dividing the fans.
00:06, Thu 20 Jun
The one thing Dong is good at. Anyone might think he does it on purpose. The bloke likes to be centre of attention like the stories of bidding for players that he had no chance of getting . Grade A prick.
00:14, Thu 20 Jun
Predator
Fair points. I do find Ren hard to believe but at the same time if he is lying surely Monk will sue him for libel?
Pace what has been said before, it's difficult to see what's defamatory. There's nothing undermining the reputation of someone in the mind of right-thinking people in saying that you disagree with their idea of using one agent. Some people will think that's a good idea. Others won't. But nobody is going to think it criminal or even incompetent.

And there is one thing that is demonstrably false from Pain in the Dong...

We became the only Championship football club whose under 23 players didn't get a single minute in the first team. As a result none of them wanted to sign new contracts but as soon as the news broke some of the players turned round and said I'm willing to start a contract again.

Because in May the 22 year old Jake Weaver signed a new contract. And on 31 May Olly McCoy did. There are bound to be others but I cannot be bothered to find more counter-examples.

And that's not including under 23 players Lakin and Lubala playing in the Championship.
00:19, Thu 20 Jun
bluearmyfaction
Predator
Fair points. I do find Ren hard to believe but at the same time if he is lying surely Monk will sue him for libel?
Pace what has been said before, it's difficult to see what's defamatory. There's nothing undermining the reputation of someone in the mind of right-thinking people in saying that you disagree with their idea of using one agent. Some people will think that's a good idea. Others won't. But nobody is going to think it criminal or even incompetent.

And there is one thing that is demonstrably false from Pain in the Dong...

We became the only Championship football club whose under 23 players didn't get a single minute in the first team. As a result none of them wanted to sign new contracts but as soon as the news broke some of the players turned round and said I'm willing to start a contract again.

Because in May the 22 year old Jake Weaver signed a new contract. And on 31 May Olly McCoy did. There are bound to be others but I cannot be bothered to find more counter-examples.

And that's not including under 23 players Lakin and Lubala playing in the Championship.

So more Ren bullshit. Who'd have thunk it. Still I'm sure his next press article will have a few in his corner, for a few hours at least.
02:27, Thu 20 Jun
“We’re not naive, we know the way football works, but it’s not the way we wanted to operate" 😁 And some people are sticking up for this prick
07:37, Thu 20 Jun
we all know Dong is wrong
but the more i read this the more i call BS on him

so what if Monk was dealing with the single Agent
in a murky world - would this not be about him dealing with a guy who he trusted, who could deliver on the players sought

is it any different to days under Cooper/Fry when they went repeatedly back to their old players, who they trusted?

if it was up to me there’d be no need for an agent intermediary, but it’s deemed necessary these days

so, best to deal with a trusted one than the bunch of charlatans out there surely

and for Monk to tell the Board where to go the paying style - well absolutely. it’s up to him to get the tune out the players he has, and blimey he did
07:42, Thu 20 Jun
It is BS and the article itself confirms this.

They say there were 18 player transactions under Monk and Featherstone was involved in 9. As such it was 50% of the deals and, of those, 2 were purchases and 7 were sales.

we all know Dong is wrong
but the more i read this the more i call BS on him
08:41, Thu 20 Jun
Feck off dong.

Re: Dong speaks

08:46, Thu 20 Jun
Chelè
QBBC2
As I said on Twitter.

James Featherstone did all the Zola deals.

Dong put Featherstone on a very Darren Dein like retainer to do deals.

Now Dong has Nama Sports (who ironically Featherstone introduced), he's effing Featherstone off.

Also - the Beale shit was terrible. I feel for Richard Beale and his removal is effing disgraceful.

Beale was binned for attending a fundraiser for his dead friend instead of attending the play off final of the team he manages, yes? Monk and everyone else attended the charity five-a-side and the youth team lost their play off final = Beale is wrong. The 5-a-side game could have gone ahead without Beale, his friend wouldn't have noticed.

I do actually agree with this, in maybe not as harsh terms

Beale's friends, family and friend who had committed suicide would have understood him doing his job with the u23s.

It's blatantly not grounds for a sacking though, which is horrendous

Considering his line manager was also playing in the same game I think he may have considered that he had consent. Inexplicable sacking and unlike Monk who probably never has to do another days work in his life, Beale has a young family . Hope he gets work soon. 10 years of fantastic service and fired for that. This is what we're dealing with.
10:03, Thu 20 Jun
B13blues
“We’re not naive, we know the way football works, but it’s not the way we wanted to operate" 😁 And some people are sticking up for this prick
I think this sums it up for me, from The Guardian comments:

After the sacking of Gary Rowett (Dec 2016)

The decision to relieve Rowett of his duties had been taken “with a strategic, long-term view and with the club’s best interests at heart”.

After the sacking of Garry Monk (June 2019)

"The board of directors believe this to be in the long-term interests of the club,"

So since 2016, the long-term view from the Board has resulted in: 4 sackings/resignations, 2 last day survivals, breach of profit and sustainability rules, a 9 point deduction and the likely sale of all our best playing assets.

Here’s to the next 3 years.
10:52, Thu 20 Jun
Or do you think Gardner will be playing on the wing next season

Maybe if Clark returns...
11:00, Thu 20 Jun
Has anyone any idea of how much compensation has been paid to the managers that we have sacked?
11:07, Thu 20 Jun
spionkop
Has anyone any idea of how much compensation has been paid to the managers that we have sacked?

Yes, Rowett, Zola, Redknapp, Cotterill and Monk all have an idea. Perhaps you should ask them?
11:14, Thu 20 Jun
We need better ‘dodgy feckers’
Our dopey lot keep getting caught out.
Wolves and Witton seem to have the best ‘brokers’ in the game atm.
18:47, Thu 20 Jun
Or do you think Gardner will be playing on the wing next season

Maybe if Clark returns...

Wor Lee, Malcolm Crosby and their preferred agent brought us such delights as Peter Lovenkrands and Ollie Lee. Clark might've appeared to be as dense as they come, but was laughing all the way to the bank when he effed off back to the east end of nowhere. Same goes for Cotts, too.

Non of these managers are as thick as they look. They are all trying to play a very similar strategy, some with more skill than others. Redknapp being the old hand and the master.
DES
VILLA WAS ABSOLUTELY TOP DRAWER,
Kro