King said so
21:37, Wed 19 Jun
PepC
Crazy that they appear to be interfering in playing matters. They need to have faith in whoever they appoint.

Not really, any owner of a company should have a vision of what they want the company to be. Dong's plans aren't actually bad in theory, play nice football, bring through the youngsters, links with clubs abroad, the same set up from first team to development squads. A director of football and super agents handling transfer business.

Those are all good ideas.

The problem is these things don't happen over night, it would take Blues several seasons to get that set up properly.

It seems Dong doesn't have that time and Monk didn't share that vision.
21:39, Wed 19 Jun
Plus a shed load of cash which we can’t spend.
21:41, Wed 19 Jun
Where does spying from the next office fit into this though? That's just being a prick and was only going to end one way
21:49, Wed 19 Jun
Oh I'm not saying the blokes not a prick and making a mess of his plans.

But it makes you wonder why he suddenly felt the need to watch training..
21:49, Wed 19 Jun
So basically I can’t be arsed to read the articles or the whole of this thread.

Who is the fanny here, Dong or Monk?

Am I still boycotting or what?
21:51, Wed 19 Jun
Dong always seems to have an excuse for sacking a perfectly good manager for no reason
21:51, Wed 19 Jun
Basically. Dong's the bigger fanny, Monk may or may not have been a bit of a fanny about transfers, specifically using his agent mate from school for all our transfers.

Best to stay on the fence and just boycott a little.
21:54, Wed 19 Jun
The worst part for me was pressurising some of the kids, naughty that, and stinks tbh.
21:55, Wed 19 Jun
Sorry I've just re read that piece in the link and what a complete load of bollox it is. March or maybe February . 😂
21:56, Wed 19 Jun
StechyBlue
A non-disclosure agreement should work both ways.

This is what I'm thinking.

Surely they can't say this and Garry has to remain hush hush.
There may not be a non-disclosure given that there was a sacking. Pain in the Dong will argue Monk breached his contract and he accepted the repudiation. Therefore there is no binding clause.

Monk might want to keep shtum so as not to annoy prospective employers with the chance of him spilling the beans.
21:57, Wed 19 Jun
Bluestaines
So is it King or Ren himself that want a better playing style?
Neither, that's just a convenient pretext to put before the ignorant media.
21:57, Wed 19 Jun
Ronaldeahno
Dong always seems to have an excuse for sacking a perfectly good manager for no reason

Always the other bloke with Dong. Yet he brought in Zola and Wurzel
22:07, Wed 19 Jun
Waggeh
PepC
Crazy that they appear to be interfering in playing matters. They need to have faith in whoever they appoint.

Not really, any owner of a company should have a vision of what they want the company to be. Dong's plans aren't actually bad in theory, play nice football, bring through the youngsters, links with clubs abroad, the same set up from first team to development squads. A director of football and super agents handling transfer business.

Those are all good ideas.

The problem is these things don't happen over night, it would take Blues several seasons to get that set up properly.

It seems Dong doesn't have that time and Monk didn't share that vision.

Absolutely spot on.

I will continue to support the side despite my dislike for dong and think everybody else should too. If Dong succeeds (which i doubt) we will be in the premier league playing Champagne football and if he fails he will get the sack and the chinese football domination blueprint will be torn up.
22:11, Wed 19 Jun
So basically I can’t be arsed to read the articles or the whole of this thread.

Who is the fanny here, Dong or Monk?

Am I still boycotting or what?

Both.

If Monk's last 12 games had seen a better return than L5 D5 W2 then he may have been in a better position to say "I'll do things my way, the results speak for themselves". When your bosses boss sends your boss to you and says he wants more attacking possession football and your response is to tell him his boss is a f*cking idiot and that you're not doing it you can pretty much expect your P45 in the post fairly soon, especially if, as mentioned, your season stats reveal a 32% win rate.

Imagine if a CEO said "tell the warehouse manager I want these things done in this particular way" and the warehouse manager said to his boss, "tell the CEO he's a f*cking idiot. I'm not doing it" and insists on doing it his way, even though his way is only 30% successful. I don't think saying, "Look, you employed me to manage the warehouse so let me manage it my way and stop interfering" is going to cut it tbh.

As for the training ground office thing who knows? Maybe it has something to do with the players Monk has bombed out and the board want to see for themselves what's going on at Wast Hills? Wouldn't you want to know why you're paying top whack for a goalkeeper to sit on his arse eating pies?