Re: Dong speaks

22:14, Wed 19 Jun
Wouldn't you want to know why you're paying top whack for a goalkeeper to sit on his arse eating pies?

As it's been twelve months since it happened I'd be concerned if I didn't know why 😛
22:17, Wed 19 Jun
A very unbelievable story, from a very unbelievable man. Garry was right, the man knows nothing about football. It is impossible to believe anything these directors say. One thing for certain is, they have got to employ an exceptional manager to achieve half, of what Monk achieved in his short spell at the club. The EFL should do more to stop cretins like these from running a football club !

22:18, Wed 19 Jun
Qbeeb these stats... L5 D5 W2... on their own look damning, but as usual with stats, they only tell half the story.
That is a snapshot of a season that was largely a joy, yes we tailed off as those figures show, but for many reasons and to cherry pick those games doesn't truly represent what Monk and his staff actually achieved and in what context.
No, Dong is a prick.
22:21, Wed 19 Jun
If someone had sold Jota behind my back and then asked for a more pleasing style of play i’d call them an idiot as well
22:24, Wed 19 Jun
QBBC2
So basically I can’t be arsed to read the articles or the whole of this thread.

Who is the fanny here, Dong or Monk?

Am I still boycotting or what?

Both.

If Monk's last 12 games had seen a better return than L5 D5 W2 then he may have been in a better position to say "I'll do things my way, the results speak for themselves". When your bosses boss sends your boss to you and says he wants more attacking possession football and your response is to tell him his boss is a f*cking idiot and that you're not doing it you can pretty much expect your P45 in the post fairly soon, especially if, as mentioned, your season stats reveal a 32% win rate.

Imagine if a CEO said "tell the warehouse manager I want these things done in this particular way" and the warehouse manager said to his boss, "tell the CEO he's a f*cking idiot. I'm not doing it" and insists on doing it his way, even though his way is only 30% successful. I don't think saying, "Look, you employed me to manage the warehouse so let me manage it my way and stop interfering" is going to cut it tbh.
We only have King Dong's word that any of this ever happened!
A more likely scenario is that Dong wanted a more attacking style of football . In response Monk probably told him with the current squad a playing out from the 'sexy' football wasn't going to happen without further recruitment .Obviously Dong knows we are skint and is about to sell 2 or 3 key squad members to balance the books . The club then sells Jota to witton behind Monk's back , and the shit hits the fan .
How anybody would believe a word this guy or the current owners have to say is beyond me .

Monk's version of events is going to be totally different but with a semblance of what King Dong outlines. However I suspect it will be the truth.
22:25, Wed 19 Jun
This, for me.
getting shit loads on Twitter

[twitter.com]
Deserves it as long as it doesn’t go too far
Good

22:30, Wed 19 Jun
There will be some truth in this though. How much of it is true we will probably never know
wessex - mr rowett's happiest clapper
I know that she knows that I know that she knows that she’s two timing me...

You could write a song about that.
22:36, Wed 19 Jun
Roman
There will be some truth in this though. How much of it is true we will probably never know

It will have the same semblance of truth as a defendant in a GBH case . Their defence being he was shouting and threatening me and threw the first punch " I feared for my life your honour." It sounds believable but didn't really happen . It also doesn't explain why you kept stamping on the victims head while he was on the ground until he had brain damage .
22:39, Wed 19 Jun
If someone had sold Jota behind my back and then asked for a more pleasing style of play i’d call them an idiot as well

Is that the timeline of events or did they ask for more progressive football, get their answer and then sell Jota?
22:42, Wed 19 Jun
Ronaldeahno
Why does Ren have to refer to Mr King as Paul Suen and what does Mr Suen think of that?

Because Mr King isn't officially involved. He would never ever pass the Fit and Proper Person test.

Suen won't like it.
22:44, Wed 19 Jun
QBBC2

Is that the timeline of events or did they ask for more progressive football, get their answer and then sell Jota?

It doesn't really matter does it ? Sells Jota then tells Monk " I want a more progressive playing from the back possession style of football " . Or Dong tells Monk " I want a more progressive..." and sells Jota behind his back for following week .Same difference , same result .