08:00, Thu 20 Jun
Blues CEO Ren Xuandong spoke to the press for the first time since October 2017 in the wake of sacking Garry Monk. In two explosive interviews with the Daily Mail and the Times, Ren explained that the conduct of Monks agent James Featherstone was instrumental in the sacking of the popular manager.

[almajir.net]
08:08, Thu 20 Jun
Heard the same ref Bellingham yesterday. Also that he wasn’t in squad at end of season for his refusal to sign with Onni and he was in verge along with his brother if leaving. Took it with a pinch of salt but Looks like something in it. Heard similar about Benjamri as well
08:08, Thu 20 Jun
Slightly concerning that Omni were trying to pressure youngsters to sign with them
08:09, Thu 20 Jun
JH1875
Heard the same ref Bellingham yesterday. Also that he wasn’t in squad at end of season for his refusal to sign with Onni and he was in verge along with his brother if leaving. Took it with a pinch of salt but Looks like something in it. Heard similar about Benjamri as well

Yeah I heard Bajrami was yet to sign
08:12, Thu 20 Jun
Another great piece Dan.
08:12, Thu 20 Jun
Thanks, Dan. Really interesting.

It sounds very dodgy that Bellingham’s refusal to sign with Featherstone was Monk’s reason for not integrating him toward the end of the season. Featherstone and Monk are school friends as well have I got that right?

Really damages Monk’s reputation. If it’s true then I’m glad Dong has taken this approach.
08:15, Thu 20 Jun
What an utter shit show. So are you saying Monk isn't the halo'd martyr to Rens dastardly plans after all? .
I don't know what to think now, tbh.
Sick of this club continously shooting itself in the foot though, I know that much.
08:16, Thu 20 Jun
Have lost a lot of respect for Monk if that’s true about the youngsters.
08:16, Thu 20 Jun
Bluesince62
What an utter shit show. So are you saying Monk isn't the halo'd martyr to Rens dastardly plans after all? .
Sick of this club continously shooting itself in the foot though, I know that much.

No good guys in football.

Do you remember me saying on the thread about monk saying his piece that it might not be in his interest?

This sort of thing is why. It’s rife in football
08:19, Thu 20 Jun
No wonder so many are turning their backs, the whole game and this league seems to be run on the precept that the more bent you are, the better.
08:20, Thu 20 Jun
That Bellingham stuff is so dodgy.

The lad is 16 and his personal development is paramount. Reading what's been said, if the suggestion is that he wasn't given a chance last season because he didn't sign with the manager's pal as his agent, then that is really bad.

Do we know who his current agent is, if any?
08:22, Thu 20 Jun
I dunno but I know that his old man isn’t the type to let his son get used like that. He’ll have had something to say, I’m sure
08:23, Thu 20 Jun
Bluesince62
No wonder so many are turning their backs, the whole game and this league seems to be run on the precept that the more bent you are, the better.
This
08:25, Thu 20 Jun
El Mayor
Bluesince62

No good guys in football.

Do you remember me saying on the thread about monk saying his piece that it might not be in his interest?

This sort of thing is why. It’s rife in football

Great report and admire your none biased views on this ......

Well that's changed my opinion - I think the club have done the right thing.
08:26, Thu 20 Jun
I still think there are long term issues but it’s important that people understand that like Rowett, Monk has flaws too