11:58, Thu 20 Jun
"Hugely important"? Slightly over egging it there, it was an U23 game, not an FA Cup Final.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
12:00, Thu 20 Jun
I think the bigger point is how many off the field staff have "left" during Ren's time. Seems to be an awful lot.
12:00, Thu 20 Jun
I'd have been a bit miffed if we'd gotten to the Championship play off final and Monk couldn't come to Wembley because he'd already committed to a charity kick about. Shouldn't be any different just because it's the U23's

That said said, could and should have been sorted better than a sacking.
12:01, Thu 20 Jun
Taitys T-Shirt
Also, seemed strange, to me, that the club sacked Monk and his team decided to stay.

If, as we all thought, GM had been so hard done by, surely they would have all walked, in disgust at how Monk was treated, but strangely, Pep is favourite for the job, which makes Daniel's info even more solid.

Some/most of them will still probably go IMO, once termination packages have been agreed.
12:01, Thu 20 Jun
"Hugely important"? Slightly over egging it there, it was an U23 game, not an FA Cup Final.

You should learn to read whole sentences, old boy. I said a hugely important game FOR THEM, which it was.
12:02, Thu 20 Jun
number8

Hugely important to the young lads and the families, etc.

Surely not grounds for sacking though.
12:09, Thu 20 Jun
Important fine, but I don't think any game at that level should be seen as "hugely" important because all those games should be about development, not results or pressure to win per se.

In any event, as you said, sacking him wasn't the answer. And yet it seems to be one which Dong uses on a regular basis.
Thongs
12:12, Thu 20 Jun
Scoobers
I think the bigger point is how many off the field staff have "left" during Ren's time. Seems to be an awful lot.

8 senior staff AFAIK
12:13, Thu 20 Jun
LH_4
Taitys T-Shirt
Also, seemed strange, to me, that the club sacked Monk and his team decided to stay.

If, as we all thought, GM had been so hard done by, surely they would have all walked, in disgust at how Monk was treated, but strangely, Pep is favourite for the job, which makes Daniel's info even more solid.

Some/most of them will still probably go IMO, once termination packages have been agreed.

Sean Rush and James Beattie have gone
12:14, Thu 20 Jun
Be interesting how that effects Adams, wasn't working with Beattie a big part of why he was saying he'd stay another year?
Thongs
12:15, Thu 20 Jun
Trying to get to the Daily Mail article - link doesn't work.

Times "free" service - can't see this option anywhere when I click on that link.
www.sevenstarphotography.co.uk
12:20, Thu 20 Jun
El Mayor

Beale had permission for the charity fixture.

The playoff final date was changed on three days notice and neither Leeds nor the Premier League would budge, which put Beale in a dreadful situ.

Yep, as I've said - I sympathise with Beale and put no blame with him. He asked permission and was given it, I completely understand why it was important to him.

Monk should have helped him out.
And Juke. He loves Juke.

Sean Rush is very good too.

I'll be really sad if Morrison leaves without a send off.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
wannabee bailey
Trying to get to the Daily Mail article - link doesn't work.

Times "free" service - can't see this option anywhere when I click on that link.

effing Daily Mail keep changing links: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Times - you have to give your email address and sign up for one free a month
I have no problem believing Monk has been up to no good, these things are rife in football with so much ‘easy money’ to be made.

There is another element to it though and that’s the culture of the organisation that facilities and encourages this sort of behaviour, imagine the culture that fosters on a day to day basis at the club. Look at the contempt the likes of Ren have shown to FFP and you get some idea of their mind set and how they operate and what else they may be up to behind closed doors.

That doesn’t excuse Monk’s behaviour but I’d question how many decision makers/ managers operate on a by the book / whiter than white basis at the top levels of professional football that are awash with money.

I bet Monk would have some interesting insight to share on how Ren went about things….he’s probably signed a NDA though, funny how that only seems to apply to one side.