13:37, Thu 20 Jun
I have no problem believing Monk has been up to no good, these things are rife in football with so much ‘easy money’ to be made.

There is another element to it though and that’s the culture of the organisation that facilities and encourages this sort of behaviour, imagine the culture that fosters on a day to day basis at the club. Look at the contempt the likes of Ren have shown to FFP and you get some idea of their mind set and how they operate and what else they may be up to behind closed doors.

That doesn’t excuse Monk’s behaviour but I’d question how many decision makers/ managers operate on a by the book / whiter than white basis at the top levels of professional football that are awash with money.

I bet Monk would have some interesting insight to share on how Ren went about things….he’s probably signed a NDA though, funny how that only seems to apply to one side.

There's a story somewhere that Featherstone was still touting four players even after Pederson was signed ... have no idea if Ren knew
13:37, Thu 20 Jun
El Mayor
LH_4
Taitys T-Shirt
Also, seemed strange, to me, that the club sacked Monk and his team decided to stay.

If, as we all thought, GM had been so hard done by, surely they would have all walked, in disgust at how Monk was treated, but strangely, Pep is favourite for the job, which makes Daniel's info even more solid.

Some/most of them will still probably go IMO, once termination packages have been agreed.

Sean Rush and James Beattie have gone

Big losses IMO. Two big facets of our performances last season were the fitness levels and the productivity of both forwards.

Rush & Beattie were pivotal to that.
13:40, Thu 20 Jun
Many more jump ship he'll have to. Mind you he says he knows how football works but we're not gonna do it like that 🤪
13:41, Thu 20 Jun
HG20
El Mayor
Peter Griffins Sideboob
Definitely. I'm also wondering about the bomb squad situation now as well?

I'm told the only thing that Monk and Ren DEFINITELY agreed on was Stockdale...

Sorry Dan, but didn’t you say the other day “at least if Monk goes then stockdale will play”?

That implied it was solely monk’s issue. Not trying to catch you out, just trying to get my head around it

No, that was just me trying to be funny... I heard last night that Stocko is still very much in the wilderness

I heard last night that Stocko is still very much in the wilderness .. not at Droitwich Town where he's already invested a fair bit of money as a director (though by Droitwich standards i assume that it's about £10,000)
13:42, Thu 20 Jun
That'll be dodgy Rush and dodgy Beattie by the time Dong spins it
13:43, Thu 20 Jun
I have no problem believing Monk has been up to no good, these things are rife in football with so much ‘easy money’ to be made.

There is another element to it though and that’s the culture of the organisation that facilities and encourages this sort of behaviour, imagine the culture that fosters on a day to day basis at the club. Look at the contempt the likes of Ren have shown to FFP and you get some idea of their mind set and how they operate and what else they may be up to behind closed doors.

That doesn’t excuse Monk’s behaviour but I’d question how many decision makers/ managers operate on a by the book / whiter than white basis at the top levels of professional football that are awash with money.

I bet Monk would have some interesting insight to share on how Ren went about things….he’s probably signed a NDA though, funny how that only seems to apply to one side.

There's a story somewhere that Featherstone was still touting four players even after Pederson was signed ... have no idea if Ren knew

Here you go ... from July last year

[www.insideworldfootball.com]
13:43, Thu 20 Jun
Big shame. Restructure incoming.
13:45, Thu 20 Jun
Rags

That wasn't Featherstone at fault... I think Monk had been lied to about our embargo situation.
13:46, Thu 20 Jun
Spike
El Mayor

Beale had permission for the charity fixture.

The playoff final date was changed on three days notice and neither Leeds nor the Premier League would budge, which put Beale in a dreadful situ.

Yep, as I've said - I sympathise with Beale and put no blame with him. He asked permission and was given it, I completely understand why it was important to him.

Monk should have helped him out.
Robbo was there, Monk wasn't needed.
13:54, Thu 20 Jun
Big shame. Restructure incoming.

Yes it is because what we had was working on and off the pitch (with the re-engagement of the fans to manager, player, club) now we've got to start again with no guarantee that can be recaptured...and it all seems so bloody avoidable.
13:56, Thu 20 Jun
El Mayor
Rags

That wasn't Featherstone at fault... I think Monk had been lied to about our embargo situation.

Lied to 🤥, surely not
14:00, Thu 20 Jun
mr_crosby
El Mayor
Rags

Lied to 🤥, surely not

Don't think Dong has a grain of truth in his body. Everything was hunky dory regards P&S according to Dong, we must've all dreamed we lost 9 points
15:46, Thu 20 Jun
Waggeh
I'd have been a bit miffed if we'd gotten to the Championship play off final and Monk couldn't come to Wembley because he'd already committed to a charity kick about. Shouldn't be any different just because it's the U23's

That said said, could and should have been sorted better than a sacking.

I agree with this.

I was at the first Nick Mowl cup last year as my lad played in the kids tournament they did in the morning, and it was clear how much work Beale did, and I'm sure this year was no different, and i do understand that the fixture was only announced a few days in advance, however was turning up and playing in that tournament more important than a play off final against Leeds? Would the other organisers, or any of the attendees / supporters have been anything other than fully supportive knowing Beales job as U23 coach for Blues, and a hugely important end-of-season game took precedent?

The hard work that Beale put in - organising the tournaments, getting the support from the local clubs, getting sponsors on board, getting media / press interest etc had all been done weeks and months in advance, his attendance on the day to actually play in the five a side was really strange given his responsibility to his U23 players.
15:48, Thu 20 Jun
LH_4
El Mayor
LH_4
Taitys T-Shirt
Also, seemed strange, to me, that the club sacked Monk and his team decided to stay.

If, as we all thought, GM had been so hard done by, surely they would have all walked, in disgust at how Monk was treated, but strangely, Pep is favourite for the job, which makes Daniel's info even more solid.

Some/most of them will still probably go IMO, once termination packages have been agreed.

Big losses IMO. Two big facets of our performances last season were the fitness levels and the productivity of both forwards.

Erm? Mayor?
16:03, Thu 20 Jun
David Xavis
LH_4
El Mayor
LH_4
Taitys T-Shirt

Erm? Mayor?

I'm not the oracle. I do get stuff wrong. The word was that they'd cleared their stuff out, but it appears they're not going anywhere just yet