15:54, Thu 20 Jun
No comments from Pep at all? Bit strange that, the bloke has just landed the biggest job of his career, why wouldn't you have an interview with him...
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
15:54, Thu 20 Jun
There'll be a job for someone collecting up the stray footballs from shooting practice from the M42 though so that's good news!
15:55, Thu 20 Jun
Maybe he's still trying to figure out whether he's got the job permanently.
15:56, Thu 20 Jun
This is ludicrous
15:58, Thu 20 Jun
Even these club statements are turning farcical . Caretaker head coach but not seeking anyone else? Who okays this crap?
Think Mayor mentioned on another thread that Beattie and Rush had gone.

The bookies are gonna have a field-day with that statement. Just announce we've appointed him instead of saying "were not looking to appoint anybody else"
So have we appointed a manager/head coach or what? Any feckin danger of some clarity?
@LeMod1875
Think this is the best outcome for the short term. The players are back in full training on Monday, at lesat there is continuity and coaches there.

Results and whether Monk gets another job quickly will determine what comes next.

I hope Pep does well if the club goes into meltdown it will be a long long way back.
15:59, Thu 20 Jun
Le Mod
Any feckin danger of some clarity?

Don't be silly.
16:00, Thu 20 Jun
He's not the "manager" though. He's the permanently temporary caretaker head coach. All the management and DoF stuff will be done by Ren.

I think I am starting to crack Ren's logic though. English club playing in blue and white appoint a Pep as manager/head coach and have immense success. He's just copying what works elsewhere. Now he just needs to find a couple of billion quid down the back of the club sofa and happy days all round!
16:02, Thu 20 Jun
LH_4

The bookies are gonna have a field-day with that statement. Just announce we've appointed him instead of saying "were not looking to appoint anybody else"

Apparently they have not. Maybe they're waiting for their payoff?
WorcsAzul
He's not the "manager" though. He's the permanently temporary caretaker head coach. All the management and DoF stuff will be done by Ren.

I think I am starting to crack Ren's logic though. English club playing in blue and white appoint a Pep as manager/head coach and have immense success. He's just copying what works elsewhere. Now he just needs to find a couple of billion quid down the back of the club sofa and happy days all round!

The most worrying part of the statement was that.

Sounds like Dong and Cheng will potentially be 'providing support' ie - Signing players. Worrying times. Still not renewing.
El Mayor
LH_4

So why would we release a statement saying that they're part of the management team for the new campaign?
16:03, Thu 20 Jun
Excellent, that’s the free flowing announcement out the way. You’ve played a blinder this week Ren.
16:03, Thu 20 Jun
David Xavis
El Mayor
LH_4

So why would we release a statement saying that they're part of the management team for the new campaign?

It's a statement that says we have a permanent temporary head coach

I wouldn't read too much in to it.