17:15, Thu 20 Jun
Btownrat
Pep could have a different philosophy to monk. Would you run the business the same as your boss!

Middlesbrough have appointed Woodgate, Pulis's No. 2 I think. I take it that they aren't hoping for more of the same.

I'm not saying I agree with what's happened. As a stupid football fan I'm hoping for miracles. There is part of me that thinks the improvements we have seen (attackers getting better, set piece goals increasing by about 10, less chances given away, more chances created) could be down to Clotet and Beattie and not Monk.

But the reality is probably what most people are saying, they are staying until Monk gets a job, and then they will leave.
17:17, Thu 20 Jun
Pigeon
Does he have any coaching badges?

Think he did his badges recently with Scabby.
17:30, Thu 20 Jun
Monk had a common sense philosophy, play to the players strengths.
17:35, Thu 20 Jun
Not sure if anybody has said anything to this effect, but I have a tenuous source (literally best mate's colleagues neighbour), saying that they live next door to a member of the backroom staff, who is saying that the other lads have pushed Monk under the party bus.
It's like my dad always said: eventually, everybody gets shot.
18:28, Thu 20 Jun
Can anyone explain the main difference why we’re going with a caretaker head coach over manager? Are we changing the club structure. We’ve always been a manager club rather than head coach but is there a massive difference?

The wording just really sticks out to me
18:30, Thu 20 Jun
It means Ren's in complete control of signings
18:39, Thu 20 Jun
So who the funk is our manager... Give Barry fry a call... Least it was fun when he was manager. Kro...
18:52, Thu 20 Jun
My Blue Heaven
Hope a Great Dane bums you
😁
Still here, too 👍
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
18:56, Thu 20 Jun
Pigeon
Does he have any coaching badges?
He’s got a blue stripe in swimming
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
18:59, Thu 20 Jun
It also means they can’t afford to sack the back room team and hoping against hope that Monk takes them when he next gets appointed!
19:02, Thu 20 Jun
Probably true that. Blues would want rid. They’d want to get paid off.
Money means it’s not possible
19:05, Thu 20 Jun
And the line “we are not actively seeking another head coach or manager” means that Clotet can’t claim constructive dismissal when he does go
19:37, Thu 20 Jun
Could it not just mean they're happy with the coaching and just didn't like Monk and are looking to make sure they put some proper thought into there next move?

That's my impression, or am I just naive?
19:51, Thu 20 Jun
How do we know the new management team will actually give a f.... they may have already had a little chat with Monk and be biding their time.
19:54, Thu 20 Jun
We don't, but I don't think pros who have reached the level they have in the game think and act like that.

Again I might be naive. It's just all the doom and gloom and negative thinking I can't stomach.

It's shit that Monk has gone and it might go badly, it might not though I ain't ruling them off until a few games into the season.