10:08, Wed 10 Jul
... it seems they have outstanding bills of around £25m:

[www.theboltonnews.co.uk]

Feel really sorry for the unsecured creditors like local business and ambulance service.
10:11, Wed 10 Jul
How much less would those people have been owed if...oh forget it, I'm not going to bother saying it.

Except to say, eff the efl.
10:19, Wed 10 Jul
All the football authorities et all. Wish there was legislation bought on to make clubs more accountable
10:20, Wed 10 Jul
Scoobers
All the football authorities et all. Wish there was legislation bought on to make clubs more accountable

I think the football creditor rule is a load of shit. Get rid of that so clubs become more wary of accepting new debts from other clubs and maybe less debts would get run up?
DES
10:42, Wed 10 Jul
Scoobers
is this supposed to be tongue in cheek?

KRO
10:48, Wed 10 Jul
I don't understand how that has any legal strength.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
11:14, Wed 10 Jul
There are three clubs withib 15 miles of Manchester (Bolton, Bury and Oldham) who are deep in shit right now.

I don't see how clubs that close to City and United will ever prosper going forwards unless some of them pool resources and merge, being brutally honest.
11:17, Wed 10 Jul
Or live within their means, maybe
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
11:25, Wed 10 Jul
It's disgusting that the ambulance services could be left out of pocket. Their bills should be ringfenced.
12:22, Wed 10 Jul
Rab C Nesbitt
If they do that in future, then in their current entities they will be plying their footballing trade a lot lower down the scale than they are used to.

In my opinion some smaller clubs in this country should start taking more pragmatic approaches to how they potentially can move forwards by coming together with similar sized clubs locally.
12:25, Wed 10 Jul
Balti
Rab C Nesbitt
If they do that in future, then in their current entities they will be plying their footballing trade a lot lower down the scale than they are used to.

In my opinion some smaller clubs in this country should start taking more pragmatic approaches to how they potentially can move forwards by coming together with similar sized clubs locally.
Bury and Oldham have been in this position before but were financially secure. Same with Bolton. If they'd stayed financially sound Bolton will always be capable of being a Championship club, maybe pushing for a Premier League place.
Merging wouldn't change that imo
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
12:27, Wed 10 Jul
Blimey they only have 7 players on the books at the moment.
12:28, Wed 10 Jul
They can merge with our women
13:17, Wed 10 Jul
Bury haven't been stable financially on any prolonged basis for a long time - they've financial troubles intermittently for the last twenty years at least. Bolton, as it has turned out, were only able to compete at the highest level because of a benefactor who even after he has died has become their biggest creditor.
13:20, Wed 10 Jul
If memory serves me correctly this idea was thrown around a few years back - the proposal being a merger of Bury, Preston and Oldham I think, with the working title Manchester North End.

Got kicked into touch by the fans if I recall. And in all honesty would we entertain a merger with Coventry or West Brom ? Be the death of all clubs concerned.