17:13, Fri 12 Jul
Anybody got one because i have a question.

Does the front pillar on the drivers side obstruct you view therefore making it a blind spot? Heard 2 different cases the last few days where this has been an issue. Its been a 2009 model if that makes any difference.

Plenty on this link see it as a problem ... if you're smaller (and steering wheel further forward) it seems less of a problem

[www.honestjohn.co.uk]
17:16, Fri 12 Jul
QBBC2

Does the front pillar on the drivers side obstruct you view therefore making it a blind spot? Heard 2 different cases the last few days where this has been an issue. Its been a 2009 model if that makes any difference.

Yes, which is one of the reasons I got rid of mine. I nearly ran someone over at a zebra crossing once because their pace matched mine as I approached it which meant they stayed in that blind spot and then suddenly appeared as they stepped onto the crossing.

I now have the new Vauxhall Combo Life. Few quirks but I like it so far.

Thats flipping weird, because thats what exactly happened to these 2 people i was on about, theyve both had issues at different zebra crossings.

Presumably you wouldn't think about buying any car without a substantive test drive ... i usually take mine about 30 miles (including a blast up the nearest motorway, some country lanes, and speed humps -- as well as a housing estate with some reversing into junctions etc) - obviously you should pay for the petrol !! .. but that should give you a better clue
17:25, Fri 12 Jul

I don't think you could deny that the Combo Life is a strange looking vehicle and not to everyone's tastes .... but what a great car in terms of overall practicality and i've never seen a bad review of one - ever !!!

In fact Vauxhall offers some extraordinarily good cars. I had a new Insignia ecoflex NavTech as a company car for a while and was easily getting 65-70 mpg out of it and although a bit sluggish around town (ie you had to work the gears a bit) on a motorway run it was one of the most comfortable cars i've ever driven (including BMWs Audis and Mercs)
17:28, Fri 12 Jul
JohnP
Not noticed on our 14 plate model, the most annoying thing in our car is that the indicators are totally silent and you can't see the lights flashing because they are hidden by the steering wheel.

Adjust the height of the steering wheel.

Yours someone who knows very little about cars.

Just completed Dadsnet
Revere me.
18:01, Fri 12 Jul
We’ve had two of them and they’ve both been good cars.
18:10, Fri 12 Jul
We've had 2, never had an issue with visibility myself but my wife won't drive them because she can't see past the pillar. She's 4'11" mind, I'm 5'8", if she has to drive she has the seat pumped up as high as it will go and as far forward as it will go, so it might be a height/position issue...
18:28, Fri 12 Jul
Zolsk

Isn't the Zafira the one that bursts into flames when you go around corners
19:28, Fri 12 Jul
Blue are ya?
Zolsk

No that's a Nikki Lauder
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
19:49, Fri 12 Jul
Were they walking/running incredibly quickly or were you driving painfully slowly Miss Daisy?😛

QBBC2
I nearly ran someone over at a zebra crossing once because their pace matched mine as I approached it which meant they stayed in that blind spot and then suddenly appeared as they stepped onto the crossing.

I was driving quite slowly, fortunately, in a town I'd never been to before, looking for the hotel we were staying in. Not everyone races about at top speed all the time you know.
20:03, Fri 12 Jul
Blue are ya?
Zolsk

There was a problem with a component in the heater which caused a fire. However they did a free repair.
20:38, Fri 12 Jul

Yes, which is one of the reasons I got rid of mine. I nearly ran someone over at a zebra crossing once because their pace matched mine as I approached it which meant they stayed in that blind spot and then suddenly appeared as they stepped onto the crossing.

how tall are you ?

5'8" but I did used to sit quite close to the steering wheel due to having a bad back and discomfort when extending my left leg for the clutch, particularly on long journeys. I drive automatics now though, except for the motorhome which cripples me but I love it too much to get rid of and at least when I get to my destination in that I have beer in the fridge and a comfy sofa or bed to relax on.

Had the Combo about a month so still getting used to the little bits and pieces, unlearning all the stuff I'd got used to with the last motor, a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso which was OK but wouldn't have another. The Combo is ugly but I've never felt the need to bolster my ego with 'sexy' cars. I need practicality, plenty of room and good MPG!
20:48, Fri 12 Jul
i've never seen a bad review of one - ever !!!

Which seems odd given its basically a badge engineered Fiat Doblo.

The Zafira 'blind spot' won't be an issue in real World scenarios as the pedestrian would be alerted to your arrival by the huge accompanying fire! 🤣
23:49, Fri 12 Jul
i've never seen a bad review of one - ever !!!

The Zafira 'blind spot' won't be an issue in real World scenarios as the pedestrian would be alerted to your arrival by the huge accompanying fire! 🤣

Sorry .. but you're going back nearly 10 years ... there's absolutely no Doblo left in the Combo Life now exept in the platform .... Doblo and Combo van are comparable though

It's like calling a Porsche 911 a re-badged Beetle
07:48, Sat 13 Jul
We had an 08 plate for 4 years. Never had a problem that I can remember though
DES
13:43, Sat 13 Jul
Zolsk, good points mate, over the yrs I think these support pillars have got wider for collision strength but yes they can be blind spots.
Kro