12:23, Sat 20 Jul
AlumRocker
Gave it away, 0-1

There's a shocker.

But some people will say he won some awards a few years ago so we should still persist with him.
12:27, Sat 20 Jul
I’m happy with Davis as a squad player. As Mod says though he’s a weak link that will cost us in this system if he starts.
12:31, Sat 20 Jul
Sure in an ideal world if we want to pass our way out the league he'd be a sub/squad player. Hopefully Dung is watching .
12:37, Sat 20 Jul
You're the only one to mention it so far 🙄
12:38, Sat 20 Jul
He's getting ready for his half time team talk
12:39, Sat 20 Jul
Jameron Cerome
AlumRocker
Gave it away, 0-1

Second time he's done this this pre-season.

He's done for, he's playing with NO pressure in a game that performance is the ONLY thing that matters.

He won some awards a few years ago so we should persist with him.
12:41, Sat 20 Jul
He's also not as bad as some choose to make out.

I remember Clough saying to one of his limited footballers (Larry Lloyd at Forest I think) your job is to get the ball back from the other side and pass it to someone that can play football.

We are not Man City or Barca and do not have their level of players or budget. That said they still have players in their teams that are there to do the dirty work, get tackles in and generally be spoilers. We will need the same under Dong Ball.

Davis, Kief and others will have vital roles to play alongside footballers that are hopefully much more creative.
12:45, Sat 20 Jul
😂
12:45, Sat 20 Jul
WorcsAzul
He's also not as bad as some choose to make out.

I remember Clough saying to one of his limited footballers (Larry Lloyd at Forest I think) your job is to get the ball back from the other side and pass it to someone that can play football.

We are not Man City or Barca and do not have their level of players or budget. That said they still have players in their teams that are there to do the dirty work, get tackles in and generally be spoilers. We will need the same under Dong Ball.

Davis, Kief and others will have vital roles to play alongside footballers that are hopefully much more creative.

I've mentioned this on here before, but I once saw Nobby Stiles give a talk. He said that both Matt Busby and Alf Ramsey gave him exactly the same instructions: "just kick someone up in the air, give the ball to Bobby Charlton, then keep out of the feckin' way!".
12:49, Sat 20 Jul
AlumRocker
Gave it away, 0-1

There's a shocker.

But some people will say he won some awards a few years ago so we should still persist with him.

Funny you should refer to bigging up players based on past glories...
@Bluewurst1875
12:51, Sat 20 Jul
I don’t think they played out from the back much in 66
12:51, Sat 20 Jul
Davis is a really good ratter, he isn't as bad on the ball as people make out and pops up with a few goals a season.
I agree the passing game isn't a strength but you still need ratters in there.
It's a friendly and Davis is a good squad player.
12:59, Sat 20 Jul
I actually disagree about him being a good squad player. I honestly have no idea what he offers to this team right now. He only passes backwards, hes slow, bad first touch and cant pass. Good when theres 10 men behind the ball.

The thing is aswell these players arent expensive. We dont need a top class player. Just someone whos comfortable on the ball.
13:01, Sat 20 Jul
I'm happy with 10 men behind the ball if we're 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go