16:55, Sat 20 Jul
The former skipper left St Andrews earlier this summer

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
17:01, Sat 20 Jul
We offered him one year only. Seems harsh to me.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
17:25, Sat 20 Jul
So your contract is about to run out and your boss offers you a new contract for a year. This is in a profession that is always pretty short-term.

You don't sign it because you wanted a contract lasting two years. Isn't that a bit daft? I mean, I'd sign coz after a year they may offer you another one. If you really, really, really loved the club, you'd stay. Or am I being incredibly naive?
17:28, Sat 20 Jul
Haircut1000
So your contract is about to run out and your boss offers you a new contract for a year. This is in a profession that is always pretty short-term.

You don't sign it because you wanted a contract lasting two years. Isn't that a bit daft? I mean, I'd sign coz after a year they may offer you another one. If you really, really, really loved the club, you'd stay. Or am I being incredibly naive?

You are being naive.

Asking for 2 years as a 31 year old centre half given the service he’d given the club is the minimum you’d expect.
17:35, Sat 20 Jul
There's one big club that only offers over 30s a one year deal, can't remember which one. Maybe we have a new policy, maybe Pep thinks he can get a better player in. Agree that it seems strange/harsh though. There was a rumour that he wanted £30k per week.
17:46, Sat 20 Jul
European Bob
Haircut1000

You are being naive.

Asking for 2 years as a 31 year old centre half given the service he’d given the club is the minimum you’d expect.

So you get offered one sweet, but you wanted two because you'd been a good boy and head of the gang. And good boys normally get two. But you said no. So you ended up with no sweets. Then went somewhere else and got two sweets. I dunno. If it were me, I'd have stayed.
17:46, Sat 20 Jul
Absolute bollocks did he ask for 30k a week

Jesus shit a turd and shag a goat

30k a week 😂😂😂😂
17:56, Sat 20 Jul
31 is no age for a centre half; he’d do a job at this level up to 34/35

Shoddy treatment for one of our longest serving players, and our captain, to be ushered quietly out the back door while nobody was looking.
Twitter: @vivacb2

Proven wrong on: N/A
DES
18:15, Sat 20 Jul
Haircut1000

Incredibly Niave, what happens if you get injured? Lose form? You’ve just done yr family out of £750 k!
Don’t blame MM AT ALL.
Kro
18:27, Sat 20 Jul
Yet the best he could get was the footballing giant Reading.
18:40, Sat 20 Jul
We needed another thread about him on the first page
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
18:49, Sat 20 Jul
Gary Rowett
31 is no age for a centre half; he’d do a job at this level up to 34/35

Shoddy treatment for one of our longest serving players, and our captain, to be ushered quietly out the back door while nobody was looking.

Well said
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
DES
19:40, Sat 20 Jul
Redditch Blue
Yet the best he could get was the footballing giant Reading.
Same division, similar wages, good deal for him and Reading, leaves huge hole in our defenc!
Kro
19:57, Sat 20 Jul
After a huge bidding war from many top class clubs, he opted for Reading
21:30, Sat 20 Jul
Whether this was right or wrong will depend on if Roberts comes good. Needs to get some confidence going from a run of games but has the basics. We will see.