22:41, Sat 20 Jul
At the end of the end of the day, this is a bloke who was bombed out of Sheffield Wednesday, a league one Leicester and given away to us for nothing by a being relegated Charlton.

He's done well at Blues, by the same token Blues have done him pretty well too. I think another year with a years option was fair.

But I also think it's fair enough if he didn't want to sign. No need for him to be pissy about it in the media.
01:41, Sun 21 Jul
Unpopular opinion, but for what it's worth, I don't mind the policy of offering only shorter term deals to the over 30s. Chelsea do it.

We've ended up paying the likes of Stockdale and Craig Gardner big wages on long term deals and we can't get rid of them. It's poor management.

Who's to say Morrison could replicate his form last season into this anyway?
Dong Ren Out.
06:21, Sun 21 Jul
I’ve said on other threads, people think he’s easily replaceable. We spent £3.5m and £25k a week on a 5 year deal for Marc Roberts who is inferior in every way.

I wish the bloke the best, been a fantastic servant to the club
07:06, Sun 21 Jul
But by the same token we also picked up Morrison himself for peanuts.

Personally I can understand the board wanting to give a shorter deal given the money they've wasted. However, I think Morrison was a valuable asset and was worth a two year deal.

Looking for the positives, it gives us the chance to try and get the best out of a centre back we spent a decent whack on, and also gives Harding more opportunities to grow.
07:51, Sun 21 Jul
Yeah, because so many of our squad are top class...
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
08:27, Sun 21 Jul
European Bob
I’ve said on other threads, people think he’s easily replaceable. We spent £3.5m and £25k a week on a 5 year deal for Marc Roberts who is inferior in every way.

He’s clearly not inferior in every way though is he.

People love to overrate players who leave us.
08:29, Sun 21 Jul
Musername
European Bob

He’s clearly not inferior in every way though is he.

People love to overrate players who leave us.

Would love to have seen Morrison coming on to Cowley's set-piece delivery.

Looks like he was getting some great deliveries in against Swindon.
08:51, Sun 21 Jul
I realise it's all about opinions BUT am i alone in thinking that the now departed

Michael Morrison wasn't as good as some are suggesting? I certainly don't think it's a position

which we need fear too much about covering.

Marc Roberts is a better defender, who, given more game time will prove his worth to this team.
08:52, Sun 21 Jul
Black 'N' Blue
I realise it's all about opinions BUT am i alone in thinking that the now departed

Michael Morrison wasn't as good as some are suggesting? I certainly don't think it's a position

which we need fear too much about covering.

Marc Roberts is a better defender, who, given more game time will prove his worth to this team.
08:59, Sun 21 Jul
That "Inferior" Reading can afford to give a two year (two year !) contract to our captain when we won't is laughable in many ways
09:06, Sun 21 Jul
Absolutely no one on here suggested Roberts should start over Morrison at any point in his time here, let's not rewrite history so Roberts is now somehow the love child of Beckenbauer and Maldini.
Thongs
09:20, Sun 21 Jul
Ah , ok then.So, because nobody on here has suggested that Roberts should start over Morrison , that somehow

makes my OPINION less valid ?
European Bob

Roberts is better in the air and distributes the ball better.
09:27, Sun 21 Jul
number8
Absolutely no one on here suggested Roberts should start over Morrison at any point in his time here, let's not rewrite history so Roberts is now somehow the love child of Beckenbauer and Maldini.

Sorry I have and would suggest that. I think Roberts is a better player who’s not had a proper run of games to prove himself.

I’d prefer Morrison to have stayed too but so many experts on here are saying we should have signed him without knowing what he asked for financially! If he asked for 15k/ week, 2 years I’d have said yes. If he’d asked for 25k/ week, 2 years I’d have said no. The only people that know are Morrison and Blues.
09:27, Sun 21 Jul
No, your opinion is your opinion, I just dont remember anyone ever saying Roberts was better until now.
Thongs