14:08, Sun 21 Jul
Think Clarke-Salter is going Swansea apparently.

Mentioned it in a few threads previously, but I think Trevoh Chalobah would be a cracking signing for us on loan from Chelsea.

We may look to utilise that Prem loan avenue closer to the transfer window closing. A few of them carried Derby to the playoff final last season so they can be effective.
14:17, Sun 21 Jul
If we start this season like we did last season, there’ll be riots in the stands. Entirely unfair, but you just know there will be.

If we start badly Clotet will be gone by October.
I got the horses in the back
Le Mod
My memory of that game was we passed it around the back for 45 minutes without really doing anything or having any chances, thought we were pretty poor.

Although I thought we were excellent against Brighton the week before

I disagree, there was some lovely interplay particularly down the left side with Maghoma. But the whole atmosphere was completely toxic. Hadn't ever been at a game before where 20% of the Blues fans seemed to want the team to lose. And funnily enough I thought we were nothing special against Brighton. We all see games differently!
14:40, Sun 21 Jul
Don’t mean to sound dramatic but since these owners have been here we have now tried every avenue haven’t we? Spent loads and spent nothing? Bought in a young ambitious manager? An old head who’s seen as a legend? Someone who wants to play stylish football?.
I just don’t no if this Pep thing fails where Dong goes or what’s left for him to try? For me that will be time for the Chinese to say we’ve had a good few cracks at getting it right and can’t basically. Am I wrong?
15:03, Sun 21 Jul
Crowley is a big silver lining for me. Having a centre midfielder that actively wants the ball gives you a chance. Can he play in a pair with GG or does he only play off the strikers?
Fair fecks, I just don’t recall us actually having a shot.

Brighton at home I thought we were superb for an hour, Kief missed an open goal after 30 seconds and even Spector and Stewart we’re giving them a torrid time down the right, somehow. Zola fecked it with awful subs (Cogley right wing with Che, Mags and Viv unused on the bench)

Anyway, agree with the fact that the fans must show some patience and create an atmosphere that makes the players feel relaxed/comfortable enough to express themselves.
15:41, Sun 21 Jul
Blues and optimism are two words that don't sit well together!!!
15:48, Sun 21 Jul
We have a team far better equipped to play this brand of football than we did under Zola IMO.

Compare the first squad he put out against Brighton:

Colin > Spector
Dean/Roberts > Morrison/Shotton(on the ball anyway)
Pedersen/Seddon > Grounds

Gary G > Davis
Mrabti > Kief
Crowley > Gleeson
Davis = Davis

Juke = Juke

It clearly still needs additions, especially in midfield but we’re far better prepared now.
16:04, Sun 21 Jul
True. The most important thing is to stick to the plan though. We can play the way we’re trying to. It just takes trust and the will to stick to it.
Exactly what Zola didn’t do

Yeah, we all know though that with
5 games in with no wins, it'll be panic stations amongst the support.
17:28, Sun 21 Jul
Bluesince62
True. The most important thing is to stick to the plan though. We can play the way we’re trying to. It just takes trust and the will to stick to it.
Exactly what Zola didn’t do

Yeah, we all know though that with
5 games in with no wins, it'll be panic stations amongst the support.
Some of the support. Some just won’t want it to work though, like under Zola. As Holdsworth states
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
17:30, Sun 21 Jul
You would have to be doughnut to not want it to work.
17:31, Sun 21 Jul
There are plenty about
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
17:42, Sun 21 Jul
At least this bloke won't be welcomed with a load of cards thanking the last fella 😐
17:59, Sun 21 Jul
I don't think it's us that will be the problem - I think it's the board. I hope to God they don't expect instant results.
18:01, Sun 21 Jul
Plenty of fans that seem to think the only acceptable way of Blues playing football is bog standard 4-4-2 GERRINTOEM FECKEMUP boot it up towards Jutkiewicz’s face.

Passing the ball properly, proper creativity and waiting for mistakes to be made are for fancy dan clubs, apparently.
I got the horses in the back