Yeah I would he would be worth the money if it was on the basis of we will pay it you if you complete X amount of matches or score X amount probably not if it was we pay him regardless that would be reckless. He has blistering pace and were missing that.
He never had blistering pace.
Now when he sprints he invariably gets injured
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Maybe not as quick now but he could still offer us that on the shoulder of the defender get back in behind type play.
Whale oil beef hooked
Apparently made an approach according to twitter and he wants double the wages Gayle wanted. I know it's probably a load of crap but would you sign him for that? I know I would he would tear up this division.

Would not touch him, out more than the gas and his wages would be stupidly high

I prefer out current method of getting players, picking up players who go under the radar, like Crowley and Fran
20:41, Sun 11 Aug
SteveCherry
That's both Sturridge and Welbeck currently without a club?

Welbeck signed with Watford a couple weeks ago.

Re: Sturridge, I reckon Villa will offer him something until January. Or end of the season, maybe.

Can't imagine he wants to come to the Championship, but for the wages he'd be on, he's far too injury-prone anyway.
20:42, Sun 11 Aug
Could still see Sturridge going abroad for a pay day, somewhere like Turkey maybe
20:45, Sun 11 Aug
CeredigiBlue
Astronomical wages, knees made of quavers
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜†
I just wish that the free agent market was a bit full I thought being as wellbeck signed for Watford that sturridge was of that ilk I know it would be a bit of a Terry at the vile but worth it imo always liked him as a player he has a bit of everything except for the injuries of course.
I think he was on about 125k a week at Liverpool can't see him doing a job in the prem et al when he was on loan at the baggies.
20:53, Sun 11 Aug
MLS methinks
22:02, Sun 11 Aug
Don't think I'd want anyone to come in on silly wages just to help keep us up. At the moment I think that's all they'd be doing.
22:28, Sun 11 Aug
I’d love to know what we offered Gayle to come here , Richard Wilford said lunch t8me on transfer deadline day we was very close to getting Gayle so we would have had to offer a decent amount to get him , the loan fee Newcastle wanted was the problem getting him , so the players without a club at the moment if they want to play football surely will negotiate a fair deal to get a club players like hooper Ross McCormack and who else is a freebie
Whale oil beef hooked
Apparently made an approach according to twitter and he wants double the wages Gayle wanted. I know it's probably a load of crap but would you sign him for that? I know I would he would tear up this division.

Not a chance.

£10k a week

£5k a goal

£25k a win bonus if he plays

£5m promotion bonus over 30 games

Let's see if he wants to play πŸ‘πŸ»
22:47, Sun 11 Aug
If it's pay as you play then it's worth the risk, especially with no transfer fee involved.

Would be a real statement of intent.
The elusive Wang
This. Exactly the kind of deal I meant just give him an appearance fee his been more prolific at a higher level than Gayle not saying I wouldn't love Gayle here because I would but some of the numbers being spoken about it's not worth it & sturridge is around the same age as him.