07:22, Fri 9 Aug
I'd consider offering Bony a contract. Although it may take him 6 months to get fit by which time the Jan window will be open.
07:23, Fri 9 Aug
The Reverend
stevo
I've just looked again and they've removed the part about free agents.

It was a great article by the Mail 15 mins before deadline. Left it late and still didn't get their facts right.
Bit like our transfer policy.
07:44, Fri 9 Aug
Waggeh
I'd take Bony 👍🏻

We need a new Club scapegoat tbf and he would fit the bill perfectly
With our obvious need for a 3rd striker to add competition, cover and a bit of variety to our forward line, Surely Wilfred Bony would be absolutely fantastic. As free agents go, there cannot be anyone more ideally suited out there? I know he had a bad knee injury a while back and his wages at Swansea caused them to let him go, but he’s actively seeking a new club. He played in the Africans cup in the summer and is training with Newport to get himself ready for his next challenge. Not so long ago he was a £30million premier league striker, playing on the shoulder of defenders, full of pace, power and goals. With His links to Pep at Swansea do you think this would be a realistic target and would you go all out for him?
He’s only 30, Offer him an initial 12 month, bonus laden contract - would then be our finest transfer window in a very long time.
22:02, Mon 12 Aug
On a free if the wages weren't too high might be a good option. 12 month contract with an option to extend in our favour could be a good plan
Think there's a reason no one has touched him. He's shot to bits and wage demands are probably sizeable.

Also, there's a current trend in football where if a player is on a free, the agent automatically slaps an extra 10% on wages. They justify this by saying since the acquiring club hasn't had to pay a transfer fee, give the player extra. Madness.
I understand that and if the transfer window was still open I’d certainly want us to look elsewhere, younger- with room for development. However, we missed that boat and as free agents are all that is available to us, I think he’d be perfect. Totally different to juke and Gimenez, we surely can’t rely on those pair staying fit and on form until the new year.
IF, we could get him fit, and back to near what he was 2-3 years ago, he’d be a sensational signing.
07:14, Tue 13 Aug
Everybodys calling Giminez Juke Mark2 and yet nobodys seen him play yet .He just might be the answer
08:19, Tue 13 Aug
Remember the last time we signed a player on a short term contract ?, he turned out to be a club legend.
Could be the striker version of Stephen Carr.
Jim
08:24, Tue 13 Aug
Remember the last time we signed a player on a short term contract ?, he turned out to be a club legend.
Could be the striker version of Stephen Carr.

Brian Howard?

I've heard him called lots of things, but 'club legend' ???
08:32, Tue 13 Aug
Jim
Glad I edited my post lol.