21:08, Sat 10 Aug
Absolutely agree with this, however I thought he faded in the second half. It was noticeable how much they got back into the game, I’m not sure he’s fully fit yet, when he is, I think we have found the bastard love child of Savage and Ferguson.

His organising the players around him was noticeable too (I wonder if DD benefited from that).

As a debut goes, wow.
@Bluewurst1875
00:44, Sun 11 Aug
Bluewurst
Absolutely agree with this, however I thought he faded in the second half. It was noticeable how much they got back into the game, I’m not sure he’s fully fit yet, when he is, I think we have found the bastard love child of Savage and Ferguson.

His organising the players around him was noticeable too (I wonder if DD benefited from that).

As a debut goes, wow.

Spot on. He looks like he wants to boss the game, but his fitness let him down in the 2nd half, just when I had expected him to take charge of the midfield and make more defence splitting passes. This will come.
Overall, I thought Bluelba was even better. Could be the bargain of the season, if he keeps playing like he did today. Both look like Prem players to me, hopefully with us.
04:15, Sun 11 Aug
Makes average players like Davis better for b2b eing ablie to take a pass.
06:35, Sun 11 Aug
Reminded me of Barry Ferguson.

Overall the midfield was very good today although GG had a quiet game.

Compare this team to 2 seasons ago when we had Ndoye in centre mid !
Gleghornatthefarpost
He looked totally at ease, received the ball in tight areas n found the pass. Also made couple of excellent through balls from deep. Plus got booked for getting stuck in! Top class midfielder.

The booking was soft - it was the Bristol bench all waving and flouncing around that got him booked.
09:13, Sun 11 Aug
I was a long way from it but, I didn't think he was going to book him until he came under pressure from the Bristol bench
What did the Knights in White satin?
12:50, Sun 11 Aug
I made the same comparison at 60 minutes yesterday.

Also loved the interplay between Crowley and Villalba.

And yes, I think Davis' performance had a lot to do with those playing around him. Reminded me of how much better a player Horsfield became when Dugarry came into the team.
www.sevenstarphotography.co.uk
12:55, Sun 11 Aug
Tall
I was a long way from it but, I didn't think he was going to book him until he came under pressure from the Bristol bench

To be honest, I thought it was only a borderline foul.
@6strings4paws
00:24, Tue 13 Aug
MIDDLE OF OUR GOAL
I think if Che was up top in this side we'd be absolutely laughing.

Or Gayle...

I said the same on Saturday. What did he end up with - 23 last season?

In this side he could have been looking at 30+.
06:00, Tue 13 Aug
Chesterblue
Has a Barry Ferguson look about him. Always comfortable on the ball, great positioning and excellent passing

I thought he was one of our poorest players, he wasn’t bad but I just thought he was below the level of the other. He doesn’t look fit to me yet. That said I’d stick with him in that role for the next few games as I think he will settle into it. It’s a really difficult position to play as a new, young lad in the Championship. Such little time, and it’s all action. Much easier to impress on the wing and further forward like Villalba.
06:37, Tue 13 Aug
Only seen highlights so can’t comment on his fitness or how much he faded but for me it was a solid looking debut.

In the much congested area of the pitch he was able to receive and pass the ball without looking under pressure or looking like giving it away.

If it’s fitness that nullified his impact then I for one can’t wait to see him when fully match fit. I’m expecting him to be the star boy in this side.
09:00, Tue 13 Aug
Go Home Bodger
Chesterblue
Has a Barry Ferguson look about him. Always comfortable on the ball, great positioning and excellent passing

I thought he was one of our poorest players, he wasn’t bad but I just thought he was below the level of the other. He doesn’t look fit to me yet. That said I’d stick with him in that role for the next few games as I think he will settle into it. It’s a really difficult position to play as a new, young lad in the Championship. Such little time, and it’s all action. Much easier to impress on the wing and further forward like Villalba.
I though he looked like it was a piece of piss for him. He’s got it
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
09:00, Tue 13 Aug
Thought he was outstanding for 60 mins.

Easy to not notice the quality of a man in that position but his calmness on the ball, positional awareness and the ability to make himself a yard simply by looking up at the space around him was seriously impressive.

Exciting that he will get better and better.
09:25, Tue 13 Aug
TinaTractor
BlueSteve
Best passer of a ball I've seen at St Andrews since Mark Ward.

It’s a shame you never got to see Chris Marsden or Barry Ferguson, they were great.

This
09:28, Tue 13 Aug

As a debut goes, wow.

👍💥