19:39, Mon 12 Aug
I've read a few posts questioning our ability to score goals with just one up front....is it time for us all to embrace the new system and to have faith in our silky new foreigners to create chances for the Juke and for each other? Out with the old thinking and up the fecking Dong Ball!
19:51, Mon 12 Aug
I appreciate what you are saying and with the attacking players playing behind Juke, Juke should probably score 20 this season. Also the attacking midfield players should chip in with 6 to 8 each ideally. I do however think there are times in games when we need to play 2 strikers upfront and be a bit more direct. We've had a decent start but still only scored 2 goals in 2 games. Plus injuries may cause us problems at some point. Personally I think we should have 3 strikers in total in the squad, whether that means 1 starting and 2 on the bench
20:12, Mon 12 Aug
lucky
I appreciate what you are saying and with the attacking players playing behind Juke, Juke should probably score 20 this season. Also the attacking midfield players should chip in with 6 to 8 each ideally. I do however think there are times in games when we need to play 2 strikers upfront and be a bit more direct. We've had a decent start but still only scored 2 goals in 2 games. Plus injuries may cause us problems at some point. Personally I think we should have 3 strikers in total in the squad, whether that means 1 starting and 2 on the bench

Agree. I think 20 goals is an ambitious target for Juke even. He scored 14 last season and that represented a good return. Crowley, Fran, and Maghoma all average about 5 goals per season. I think we will be short on goals this season and looking for a striker in January.
21:08, Mon 12 Aug
I think with much better service this season and also Montero playing a part at some point and putting the crosses over, think 20 is a realistic target over 46 games for Juke.
21:15, Mon 12 Aug
But we got to also look to share the goals around with Dong Ball
22:14, Mon 12 Aug
Juke isn't mobile enough to play alone up front. He's become a much better player though.
08:17, Tue 13 Aug
Thers no way Juke will score 20 .We need another striker badly to be in any sort of contention -and we need to play 2 up front
08:38, Tue 13 Aug
He had 14 last season with very little service. If he keeps fit and plays regularly I think he could get 20 this season with much better service. It's a long season and he's off the mark already. Let's see.
09:04, Tue 13 Aug
lucky
He had 14 last season with very little service. If he keeps fit and plays regularly I think he could get 20 this season with much better service. It's a long season and he's off the mark already. Let's see.

Based on his ratio so far, he should end up with 23 if he plays every game...
09:05, Tue 13 Aug
We need pace up top, but I think we may be able to stay in the mix until January if Crowley and Fran keep up a similar level of performance to Sat and master the art of getting in behind Juke.

Giminez may be a worldy too if the other signings are anything to go by.
09:07, Tue 13 Aug
He doesn’t have the acceleration to run onto through balls although with decent service he should be in the teens with his goal scoring. The Villalba bloke and Gardner(s) should also get about eight or nine each. Crowley has not been a high goal scorer in the past and Maghoma is yesterday’s man.
09:35, Tue 13 Aug
lucky
I appreciate what you are saying and with the attacking players playing behind Juke, Juke should probably score 20 this season. Also the attacking midfield players should chip in with 6 to 8 each ideally.

Juke should probably score 20 this season?!!
Apart from he has never scored 20 in a season in his whole career (as excellent as he is).
Also Blues haven't had a 20 a year goal scorer before Adams in the top two divisions since Francis in '71-72.

If a midfielder chips in with a goal or two it is simply a bonus.
Goal scoring is a strikers job. It is what they are trained to do.
If you play 1 rather than 2 you are pretty much cutting your chances of scoring in half.
Tell that to Barca
steve aerobic
Tell that to Barca

I think If I start talking to Barcelona about Blues lack of a 20 goal a season striker they wouldn't be much interested.

Also their great side front 3 of;
Neymar, Messi & Suarez (until Neymar left)scored everyone of their goals. The geniuses Xavi, Iniesta & Cesc scored a lower % of the teams goals than Id say any midfield.
I'm obviously not comparing us to Barca but if we are serious about Dong Ball then the goals will be spread around more......