07:33, Tue 13 Aug
Today August 13th Is Left Handers Day, always making something easy, look twice as difficult.

I am very left handed, my wife won't let me peel potatoes, with a knife as it freaks her out. I hold the potato in my right hand next to my stomach and run the knife towards my stomach to peel it.
Didn't know that. Thanks

So need to join in ... as golf is such an easy game I'm gonna play it left handed later today πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜‚
Rosie ....Ohh Rosie ....I'd like to paint your knickers Blue and White !
In my house my Wife, stepson and youngest daughter are all devils children, Myself and my oldest are right handed. Oddly enough the 3 devils children are also blonds, where me and the my oldest are dark.
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
07:46, Tue 13 Aug
generalBlue
Didn't know that. Thanks

So need to join in ... as golf is such an easy game I'm gonna play it left handed later today πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜‚

There are a very high number of Finnish golf players, that play left handed(the same as Canadians) because of the way they are taught to play Ice hockey.
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
Left handed writer here

Although with everything else it is simply which hand I first used when I first gave the sport/game a go, bit messed up

In cricket I bowl with my right and bat with my left

Darts = left
Snooker = Right
Golf = Left
Tennis = Right
CJ
07:59, Tue 13 Aug
Left handed despite the best efforts of my teachers to beat it out of me. Left handed at Golf which freaks my mates, equally crap with both hands at all other sports.
DB
08:05, Tue 13 Aug
Happy lefties day, SHA.
The Usual Suspect
NotFitTo​LaceDeanPeersBoots
Today August 13th Is Left Handers Day, always making something easy, look twice as difficult.

I am very left handed, my wife won't let me peel potatoes, with a knife as it freaks her out. I hold the potato in my right hand next to my stomach and run the knife towards my stomach to peel it.

Another lefty here

Can’t use a pair of scissors or peel a Potato which drives my missus nuts πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

We are the devils children I’m told.
The only thing I do left handed is write. Everything else is right handed although for some things I can use both if needed. I kick left footed.
Not quite sure how to categorise myself although I usually say I'm a left hander.
Left-hander here

however when clay pigeon shooting, my right eye is dominant so I'm a far better shot right handed
Charlie Woodford
Left-hander here

however when clay pigeon shooting, my right eye is dominant so I'm a far better shot right handed

When I was in the services, I used to fire a rifle on the range and had a dominant right eye also, but my trigger finger was my left. I used to walk away from the range with blood streaming from under my eye, where the recoil of the sight, kept making it smash into me, below the eye. I was more of a danger to myself than any enemy.
Another lefty here .....

left footed, play golf right handed as could never find left handed clubs when I was a kid but play cricket left handed
08:46, Tue 13 Aug
Left handed, but right handed cricket, snooker and right footed for footy. But the jury is still out for tennis and ten pin bowling as to which is the best.

I remember the joy when they bought in left handed cheque books 20 years ago... what a time to be alive that was!

I never was able to use a fountain pen. I'd have been no good as a Victorian writer!
09:19, Tue 13 Aug
Le Mod
Left handed writer here

Although with everything else it is simply which hand I first used when I first gave the sport/game a go, bit messed up

In cricket I bowl with my right and bat with my left

Darts = left
Snooker = Right
Golf = Left
Tennis = Right

FORZA SINISTRA!

I'm profoundly left handed and left footed - I make Jota look two footed.

Darts - left handed
Snooker - left handed
Cricket - left handed
Tennis - left handed
Golf - right handed (mainly as I used to play with my dad's clubs)
Write - left handed
Eating - right handed knife and fork, left hand for spoon (therefore a posh dessert can be challenging)

I don't get why a potato peeler would be a problem though - those ones with a blade that pivots on a semi-circle would work either way, no? Like these ones: [www.amazon.co.uk]
09:21, Tue 13 Aug
Lord Boz
Left handed, but right handed cricket, snooker and right footed for footy. But the jury is still out for tennis and ten pin bowling as to which is the best.

I remember the joy when they bought in left handed cheque books 20 years ago... what a time to be alive that was!

I never was able to use a fountain pen. I'd have been no good as a Victorian writer!

I used to have to wrap blotting paper around my hand. You can get left-handed ones with a bent nib to allow you to write underneath (the classic left-handed writing style that people think looks really odd), but I never got on with it when I had one. Still just smudged it everywhere.