20:46, Tue 13 Aug
Our guests are beating Exeter 3-1 in the Carabo cup, 1100 attendance.
20:52, Tue 13 Aug
Bet the neighbours are loving it
21:20, Tue 13 Aug
The trains were stopping at Bordesley tonight for this. I even saw two Exeter supporters getting off.

Just in case anybody was interested.
21:22, Tue 13 Aug
At least they are away in the next round (Watford) Save our pitch.
07:42, Wed 14 Aug
AlumRocker
At least they are away in the next round (Watford) Save our pitch.

True, but I'd forgotten about the Mighty Q trophy they play in... think they've got two games at ours in this.

The irony, the season we try and adopt a passing style of play, is the season we've two teams playing on the same pitch and it'll look like a paddy field by February.
07:57, Wed 14 Aug
I wonder if the groundsmam was consulted by Chairmam XuanDong?
08:06, Wed 14 Aug
Probably given £5k to stop moaning from the £1.5m fee
08:41, Wed 14 Aug
Bluestaines
The trains were stopping at Bordesley tonight for this. I even saw two Exeter supporters getting off.

Just in case anybody was interested.

I saw that when I got to Moor Street, thought I'd missed something then remembered Cov.
08:49, Wed 14 Aug
Block27one
Our guests are beating Exeter 3-1 in the Carabo cup, 1100 attendance.

Pleased for them, had a good start to the season.

It will be good for the local businesses aswell, like the puds who must struggle on non match days due to the area.

As a whole, heard they enjoying Brum, rearly does anyone say anything positive about our city
09:25, Wed 14 Aug
Had a glance at a Cov forum. The most common sentiment was that Stans is a proper ground, much better than the Ricoh. They enjoyed the experience. Some moans about turnstiles being too small, seats too flimsy, queues for refreshments too long. Couldn't disagree with any of that. Few comments about the surrounding area being a ghetto, but some yearned for a return to a city centre ground like Highfield Road.

The main thing is that the vast majority are respectful to us. That is refreshing.

I'd love it if we chose a specific Coventry match to go to en-masse to show them what a full Stans is actually like. I'm going to go to a couple of their games anway. Beats going shopping with Mrs.
09:35, Wed 14 Aug
They've got a home game on the 12th Oct. We've got the week off. England are away the night before.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
09:52, Wed 14 Aug
Falstaff
Had a glance at a Cov forum. The most common sentiment was that Stans is a proper ground, much better than the Ricoh. They enjoyed the experience. Some moans about turnstiles being too small, seats too flimsy, queues for refreshments too long. Couldn't disagree with any of that. Few comments about the surrounding area being a ghetto, but some yearned for a return to a city centre ground like Highfield Road.

The main thing is that the vast majority are respectful to us. That is refreshing.

I'd love it if we chose a specific Coventry match to go to en-masse to show them what a full Stans is actually like. I'm going to go to a couple of their games anway. Beats going shopping with Mrs.

👍
09:52, Wed 14 Aug
Falstaff
Few comments about the surrounding area being a ghetto, but some yearned for a return to a city centre ground like Highfield Road.

Having been at uni in Cov in the late 90's and seeing what the area the old stadium was in, I would've thought it was like being back at home for them....
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
10:32, Wed 14 Aug
Legal_Bluenose
They've got a home game on the 12th Oct. We've got the week off. England are away the night before.

This. 3pm KO in a Saturday too. Considering going.
Jim
10:43, Wed 14 Aug
it'll look like a paddy field by February.

Very melodramatic!