13:39, Wed 11 Sep
Jason Roy and Craig Overton have been dropped from the England team for the fifth Ashes Test at The Oval, with Sam Curran and Chris Woakes coming in.
That's not really fair on Overton
DES
13:49, Wed 11 Sep
shocked about Roy! has he blown his chance for good? he is 29 (I was shocked) and averages 19! with a new manager in charge it could be a hell of a long way back!
so team
Denley
Burns
Root
Buttler
Stokes
Bairstow
Curran
Woakes
Archer
Broad
Leach

Bring it on!
14:08, Wed 11 Sep
Scoobers
That's not really fair on Overton

Appreciate his gutsy batting in the 2nd innings, but for me he was a very weak option as 1st change. Curran and Woakes both better bowlers than him.
14:09, Wed 11 Sep
I agree yet bringing in a player for just one Test smacks of the bad old days
14:15, Wed 11 Sep
Yep. Not so much the dropping him for this Test, he should not have played in the last one
14:26, Wed 11 Sep
I would have given Roy one last chance on his home pitch. "Go out there and play for your spot". These selectors are crazy.
Dong Ren Out.
14:41, Wed 11 Sep
👍
14:43, Wed 11 Sep
Stokes to bat in top four
14:44, Wed 11 Sep
Someone had to go to play a bowler.
14:47, Wed 11 Sep
I had assumed that Woakes wasn't 100% fit for the last Test, so was rested.
Replacing Roy with Curran is interesting, but Curran probably has a better batting technique for Test cricket (and obviously bowls).
14:51, Wed 11 Sep
Hopefully they give some of the youngsters performing in county a decent run in the team in the Winter against NZ, SA & WI.
14:57, Wed 11 Sep
Long term i'd like to see Stokes become a predominant batsman rather than an all-rounder. I think he's a better bat than a bowler. He's got the style to be a no.3 imo.
Dong Ren Out.
DES
15:30, Wed 11 Sep
Musername
Hopefully they give some of the youngsters performing in county a decent run in the team in the Winter against NZ, SA & WI.

Who you thinking of Muser? and what are they averaging?

KRO
15:32, Wed 11 Sep
Overton is not very good. Neither is Curran mind.