23:48, Sat 5 Oct
Michael Morpurgo on keeping right on to the end of the road

[www.bbc.co.uk]
Was one of the top boys in the Zulus in the 80s before he became a children's novelist. Well known fact that is.
00:21, Sun 6 Oct
It sounds old age, but for me personally it is not that far off in how the years are going, but that was so delightful to read.
Thanks. 👍
20:45, Wed 9 Oct
From St Albans?
21:06, Wed 9 Oct
The St. Albans Massive?
21:07, Wed 9 Oct
Maybe he decided to follow the team whose ground began with the same letters as his home city.
00:54, Thu 10 Oct
Was one of the top boys in the Zulus in the 80s before he became a children's novelist. Well known fact that is.

He was certainly interested in Blues and Brummies playing football in the early 70s

Had dozens of Blues fans stay with him. They obviously inspired him
@Bluewurst1875
11:30, Thu 10 Oct
Michael Morpurgo on keeping right on to the end of the road

[www.bbc.co.uk]

by pure coincidence the illustrations in many of his books are done by Christian Birmingham
11:43, Thu 10 Oct
bluemike
From St Albans?

Definitely Villa then
11:48, Thu 10 Oct
Chris
bluemike
From St Albans?

Definitely Villa then

Lol
12:19, Thu 10 Oct
The well known Mark Renton dialogue from Trainspotting in the film is slightly different in the amazing book version.

I have the book page framed. It is one of my girlfriend's favourite books and covers our anthem.

"Society invents a spurious convoluted logic tae absorb and change people whae's behaviour is outside its mainstream. Suppose that ah ken aw the pros and cons, know that ah'm gaunnae huv a short life, am ay sound mind etcetera, etcetera, but still want tae use smack? They won't let ye dae it. They won't let ye dae it, because its seen as a sign ay thir ain failure. The fact that ye jist simply choose tae reject whit they huv to offer. Choose us. Choose life. Choose mortgage payments; choose washing machines; choose cars; choose sitting oan a effin couch watching mind-numbing and spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing effin junk food intae yir mooth; choose rotting away, pishing and shiteing yersel in a home, a total effin embarrassment tae the selfish, effed-up brats ye've produced. Choose life.
Well, ah choose no tae choose life. If the c*nts cannae handle that, it's thair f*ckin problem. As Harry Lauder sais, ah jist intend tae keep right on to the end of the road ... "