09:39, Mon 7 Oct
Port Vale footballer - must spend some time on here

First rule of football I tell any young player is don’t read, look or listen to any fans websites, forums or chats!!! Not only are the majority clueless but if you listen they can kill a career! 🖕🏻🖕🏻
09:49, Mon 7 Oct
He seems to forget that the majority of these clueless fans pay his wages. I don’t agree with the hate posted online but fans are allowed an opinion on the product they have paid to see as long as it is civil. They are allowed to say when a player has had a shit game or has been underperforming as long as it isn’t a personal attack.
09:56, Mon 7 Oct
David_Speedie
He seems to forget that the majority of these clueless fans pay his wages. I don’t agree with the hate posted online but fans are allowed an opinion on the product they have paid to see as long as it is civil. They are allowed to say when a player has had a shit game or has been underperforming as long as it isn’t a personal attack.

He’s not saying they’re not allowed an opinion or to say whatever they like though, is he? Just advising young players not to listen to it.

Pre internet you’d think a player should listen to the opinions of his manager and coaches, not walk into a pub and ask, ‘did I do ok? Do you like me? Am I the worst player you’ve ever seen wearing the shirt even though you liked me last week? Know anywhere to go for a good balti in New York?’
09:58, Mon 7 Oct
I think that's his point, that some fans may go OTT online quite often
10:29, Mon 7 Oct
If you're reading this, Lee Camp, you're a shit fanny
DES
11:07, Mon 7 Oct
I would hate to think any of our fans read some of the diatribe poured out on here against them, totally de motivating!

Remember the season Vile were relegated one home game they booed 7 of the 11 starters!
And they think thats supporting!

KRO
11:09, Mon 7 Oct
Chris

If you're reading this Chris - you're a shit fanny as well
11:21, Mon 7 Oct
Lee Camp
Chris

If you're reading this Chris - you're a shit fanny as well

And even if you're not.
@6strings4paws
11:26, Mon 7 Oct
Hahahaha, nicely done.
11:31, Mon 7 Oct
mattt
David_Speedie

He’s not saying they’re not allowed an opinion or to say whatever they like though, is he? Just advising young players not to listen to it.

Pre internet you’d think a player should listen to the opinions of his manager and coaches, not walk into a pub and ask, ‘did I do ok? Do you like me? Am I the worst player you’ve ever seen wearing the shirt even though you liked me last week? Know anywhere to go for a good balti in New York?’

I think it's a good rule for anybody dealing with the internet these days. Too many youngster derive their self worth from strangers on the internet and those same stranger can absolutely ruin you just for 'bants'. The internet is like crack cocaine, to be used carefully and in moderation. ;-)
11:39, Mon 7 Oct
DES
DES
I would hate to think any of our fans read some of the diatribe poured out on here against them, totally de motivating!

Remember the season Vile were relegated one home game they booed 7 of the 11 starters!

KRO

I do read it DES and sometimes it does get me down, but then you drop a pearl like this and it cheers me up no end !
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
14:32, Mon 7 Oct
Lee Camp
Port Vale footballer - must spend some time on here

First rule of football I tell any young player is don’t read, look or listen to any fans websites, forums or chats!!! Not only are the majority clueless but if you listen they can kill a career! 🖕🏻🖕🏻

If I was a professional footballer I wouldnt be on any form of social media, so can see where he is coming from especially after seeing a lot of the dross that is posted on the vast majority of Birmingham City fans pages on Facebook.
14:44, Mon 7 Oct
DES

KRO

I do read it DES and sometimes it does get me down, but then you drop a pearl like this and it cheers me up no end !
😁
15:59, Mon 7 Oct
I heard Robbie Savage talking about the fact that when he used to play he regularly posted himself as if he were a fan saying what a good game Savage had had - even when he knew he hadn't.
16:02, Mon 7 Oct
Could this mean John Smullen is actually David Stockdale ? 😛