Him and Sunjic were absolutely incredible on Friday night.

Scoreline flattered Middlesbrough, hopefully these type of performances from the whole team can continue!
19:50, Mon 7 Oct
Great for Odin. Really chuffed for him and his family.
22:21, Mon 7 Oct
According to BCFC
“With the amount of work that Bellingham put in against Boro, it was no surprise that he began to tire slightly towards the end of the game, and he was substituted with just over 15 minutes to go.”

No no no. He was injured, & limping. From an overly zealous tackle - one that is forgiveable for a young lad.
Otherwise, he played well beyond his years, and reminded me of the young Stevie G. The complete footballer in the making.
Still a long way to go, but Jude’s potential is immense. I hope his advisors will see the benefits of at least 2 or 3 seasons of regular games with the Club he loves. Didn’t do TF any harm....
08:07, Tue 8 Oct
SOBLUE
According to BCFC
“With the amount of work that Bellingham put in against Boro, it was no surprise that he began to tire slightly towards the end of the game, and he was substituted with just over 15 minutes to go.”

No no no. He was injured, & limping. From an overly zealous tackle - one that is forgiveable for a young lad.
Otherwise, he played well beyond his years, and reminded me of the young Stevie G. The complete footballer in the making.
Still a long way to go, but Jude’s potential is immense. I hope his advisors will see the benefits of at least 2 or 3 seasons of regular games with the Club he loves. Didn’t do TF any harm....

Looking back it seems amazing that Francis remained with us for nine years following his first team breakthrough. But then of course we gained promotion in '72 and remained in the top flight for seven years, a spell that we still haven't surpassed to this day. I suspect that we not gone up that year then TF would have been sold a lot sooner. If Bellingham really is to be compared with Francis, then we'll need to be promoted either this season or next to stand a chance of keeping him. Beyond that, keeping him for seven years is highly unlikely in the modern game unfortunately, even if we were to stay up for that length of time.
09:10, Tue 8 Oct
Even getting promoted, in the modern game keeping him won’t be an option mate
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
09:24, Tue 8 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt
Even getting promoted, in the modern game keeping him won’t be an option mate

He seems to have good people around him I think we can hold on to him for a couple of seasons at least
10:34, Tue 8 Oct
Don’t think the Club won’t want him to leave if they get the right offer, never mind any other factors
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
10:40, Tue 8 Oct
I didn't think he was injured, it just looked like cramp to me. It seemed to start when he stretched for that ball that deflected off him and went for a corner.
10:43, Tue 8 Oct
Yeah remember that. And understandable
11:00, Tue 8 Oct
The Francis situation was totally different though, the game was totally different.

And on another note - I'm convinced that Francis' injury record was affected by the amount he played at a very early age. And we need to be careful about that with Bellingham.

Bellingham doesn't have the explosive pace Francis had, but he is still a hell of an athlete - he's got a great running style and he just glides. He's got the size and build and will almost certainly grow and strengthen more over the next 18 months or so. They need to keep him away from too much gym / weight work though - he doesn't need that kind of bulk.

We do need to remember he's just a kid though, and I think we will. I think we will be sensible with him.

Paul Tait looked mega talented when he was 16, he never had the same physicals as Bellingham and he perhaps wasn't as level headed as Jude seems to be - but he really did stand out touch and talent wise. First time I saw him in the youth team I honestly couldn't believe how much better he was than anybody else.

But then he got that bad injury, what was he then 18? and even at that early age he was never quite the same, it's scary how easily it can go wrong for them. I honestly think we never saw the best of Tait, he had big clubs looking at him as well and could have been a right player.

I hope that doesn't happen with Jude because he can be something else. And provided we look after him properly and he and his family take a sensible view and don't rush things, Blues could be exactly the right place for him to be for 2/3 years yet. Sadly that's not how football works these days though.
11:09, Tue 8 Oct
Let's also hope Jude is blessed with an agent that his best interests at heart too rather than lining his/her own pockets as soon as possible.

Clubs like Man City and Chelsea are happy to recruit young players with potential and throw 5-year deals at them on £20k or more a week. Players who have not and probably never will play a game in the Prem. We cannot compete with that and all too often it is ruinous to the careers of most of the players involved.
11:26, Tue 8 Oct
Yeah - I think and hope that it's a bit different with Bellingham. His dad seems a very together bloke and so does Jude.

I think Monk and Featherstone found out that "team Bellingham" is being well run and isn't going to be dicked about.

I'm not delusional, I know fine well that if this lad keeps developing and looking as natural as he is - he isn't here for the actual long term, but it's all relative. It does seem certain that considerations like being well looked after, and getting sensible and appropriate exposure to the first team are uppermost in their minds. And quite rightly too. If more young players and their families took that view it would be better for everyone (except agents).
12:01, Tue 8 Oct
Both excellent posts 👍

However, I’m not sure it’s “team Jude”, it’s more “team Bellingham”.

That fact could help us hang onto him for a couple of years at least.

He’s got a natural build to be more akin to a Pogba than a Francis.

However the “glide” as he runs with the ball, that’s as similar to the descriptions we used “it’s like he’s floating at speed”. It wonderful to watch
@Bluewurst1875
13:50, Tue 8 Oct
You're right about him being only a kid, there's no guarantee he'll develop in the way everyone hopes unfortunately

I can recall people raving about Reece Oxford when he burst onto the scene for West Ham when just 16, but 4 years later they sold him off to Ausberg in Germany because he failed to progress enough for them. He's still only 20 mind, so still could be a top player, but it just shows how difficult it can be to develop these talents

...and then there was foday Nabay; a wonder kid at 14, poached by Fulham but subsequently never appeared for them, and is currently turning out for Nuneaton