02:24, Thu 10 Oct
Thanks Everyone!
09:36, Thu 10 Oct
👍👍👍👍👍👍
DES
10:39, Thu 10 Oct
think its world mental health day today, so anyone who can do anything to help someone whose life is blighted..get on it!

KRO
10:51, Thu 10 Oct
DES
👍
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
11:05, Thu 10 Oct
As a fellow sufferer of both mental health and the blues I can completely relate

If ever anyone is feeling a bit down and just needs an ear to talk to, more than happy to help in any way I can
DES
11:17, Thu 10 Oct
85Blue
As a fellow sufferer of both mental health and the blues I can completely relate

If ever anyone is feeling a bit down and just needs an ear to talk to, more than happy to help in any way I can
just read two things for sufferers both absolutely dead simple, dont isolate yourself and keep active!

KRO
JCL
11:26, Thu 10 Oct
DES
FREE copy of “Depression is a Liar” by Danny Baker on World Mental Health Day. Just input your first name and email, confirm your email and they’ll send it you as a PDF.

[www.thedepressionproject.com]
It's always easier to believe something than understand it.
12:11, Thu 10 Oct
DES
DES
85Blue

just read two things for sufferers both absolutely dead simple, dont isolate yourself and keep active!

KRO
if only it was that simple mate
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
00:13, Fri 11 Oct
Rab C Nesbitt
DES
85Blue

KRO
if only it was that simple mate

I agree. Des offers ostensibly sensible advise but I suspect it’s not at all that easy for many with mental health issues. I think it’s more incumbent on the rest of us to look out for people who may be suffering. Spotting changes in behaviour or an increasingly withdrawn demeanour. Then taking a genuine interest in them, listening & offering support. Inviting them down to StAns?
That last bit might be a bit risky. Maybe just invite them out for a beer. Or a coffee.
DES
08:25, Fri 11 Oct
I had meant from the viewpoint of helping people, a neighbours young son suffers badly from depression, but eventually after much persuasion from his family and friends got into hockey through mencap, not only has he became a cracking player, but it’s helped him to get fit physically and his mentality is currently excellent.
In fact he has now represented England in an international hockey tournament.
This was a young man that wouldn’t even leave his room to wash dress or eat a few yrs back!
We all can do our bit to help!

Kro