08:11, Mon 4 Nov
...which one would it be?

In my lifetime, probably the defeat at Fulham in 2008. A win there would have kept us up, would have stopped all the subsequent oppoborium flying at G&S that ended up with them flogging the club to Yeung and I think we would have (relatively speaking) thrived from thereon.
08:16, Mon 4 Nov
Spurs 2011, would have needed a minor miracle with the wolves game mind, but Europe the following year with Prem money and pulling power would have been something
08:23, Mon 4 Nov
Balti

In my lifetime, probably the defeat at Fulham in 2008. A win there would have kept us up, would have stopped all the subsequent oppoborium flying at G&S that ended up with them flogging the club to Yeung and I think we would have (relatively speaking) thrived from thereon.

Fulham, Maine rd 1975

Close thread.
Just because my opinion differs from yours, doesn't mean mine is wrong.
08:29, Mon 4 Nov
85Blue
Spurs 2011, would have needed a minor miracle with the wolves game mind, but Europe the following year with Prem money and pulling power would have been something
Would hae still had a Criminal owner and a crooked CEO though.
08:32, Mon 4 Nov
John_Smullen

Fulham, Maine rd 1975

Close thread.

Agreed
08:35, Mon 4 Nov
WBA - Villa Park - 1968.
08:35, Mon 4 Nov
We could always have still lost the final vs. West Ham y'know...
08:38, Mon 4 Nov

We would have slaughtered them

The 1975 semi result changed the trajectory of our whole club, we were ahead of the times.

It would have propelled us into the top tier, we would have been effing massive
@Bluewurst1875
08:40, Mon 4 Nov
Balti

Then I would probably change that result, but the Fulham game would have meant i get to see my beloved Birmingham as an 8 year old play at wembley.
Just because my opinion differs from yours, doesn't mean mine is wrong.
08:41, Mon 4 Nov
Bluewurst

We would have slaughtered them

The 1975 semi result changed the trajectory of our whole club, we were ahead of the times.

It would have propelled us into the top tier, we would have been effing massive
Would we? That question refers to your first and third point.

I'm not being facetious here, this was way before my time.
08:42, Mon 4 Nov
John_Smullen
Balti

Fulham, Maine rd 1975

Close thread.

Is the correct answer.
I remember being extremely pissed off when we lost to portsmouth in the cup was it ? If i remember correctly we'd have gone to wembley if we won ?
John_Smullen
Balti

Then I would probably change that result, but the Fulham game would have meant i get to see my beloved Birmingham as an 8 year old play at wembley.
Fair effs 👍
08:43, Mon 4 Nov
This will always feel like the Sliding Doors moment in my lifetime of supporting Blues
08:44, Mon 4 Nov
StechyBlue
I remember being extremely pissed off when we lost to portsmouth in the cup was it ? If i remember correctly we'd have gone to wembley if we won ?
Yeah, bankrupt Portsmouth who we beat three days later in the league. They got to the final and nearly beat Chelsea.

Remember us also losing to Sunderland as a kid, when we would have had Sheff Utd at home and Millwall in the semi on the way to playing against a relatively mediocre Man Utd side in the final.