10:13, Mon 4 Nov
dozens to choose from, but I'd go for the 2001 LC Final - took me weeks to get over.

Runner up spot goes to Watford in the play offs, gut wrenching.

With you on the 2001 final.
DES
10:30, Mon 4 Nov
85Blue
Spurs 2011, would have needed a minor miracle with the wolves game mind, but Europe the following year with Prem money and pulling power would have been something
85, that’s why this relegation still hurts so much, I swear we could have signed a couple of top attackers if we had stayed up and think we could AT LEAST have equalled our 2010 finish or bettered it!
Kro
10:43, Mon 4 Nov
Yep - was never one for tears, but that one had me blubbing. Really felt for TF that day.
10:47, Mon 4 Nov
DES
85Blue
Spurs 2011, would have needed a minor miracle with the wolves game mind, but Europe the following year with Prem money and pulling power would have been something
85, that’s why this relegation still hurts so much, I swear we could have signed a couple of top attackers if we had stayed up and think we could AT LEAST have equalled our 2010 finish or bettered it!
Kro

DES - our owner would still have been banged up and we would still have had a crook for a CEO. How do you not see that might have had a slight effect? Yes we'd have still had prem money but it would just have been more to divide up amongst the parasites running the club.
10:54, Mon 4 Nov
The point is BS, as someone said above, without a "Sliding Doors" moment we will never know.

As an ailing Prem club that had just won the League Cup, was playing in Europe and with an owner facing criminal charges; some wealthy type might have come in with an offer and transformed things e.g. any of those who now own Wolves, WBA or Villa.
DES
10:56, Mon 4 Nov
Bluesince62
85Blue
Kro

DES - our owner would still have been banged up and we would still have had a crook for a CEO. How do you not see that might have had a slight effect? Yes we'd have still had prem money but it would just have been more to divide up amongst the parasites running the club.
I hate to do this, but look at that shit club in B6, they had a fantasist in charge and bought out by billionaire benefactors😫
Kro
10:57, Mon 4 Nov
Possibly, but weren't our owners still clinging onto the HK listing? I honestly can't remember now.
If someone had wanted to buy us, they'd have done it in the Champs too - like Wolves and vile - no one did.
10:58, Mon 4 Nov
Wolves 1-1 where Gardner got sent off. We were 1-0 up at the time and if he hadn't have made that unnecessary tackle, we'd have won and wolves would have gone down instead. We'd have won the cup and stayed up.
11:01, Mon 4 Nov
David Xavis
Super Hans
Would it have? Carson would've still been banged up and we wouldn't have been able to spend any money in the summer.

We would of had more of a fighting chance of being put in the hands of somebody decent.
Would we?

As became clear, the Sultan of Brunei could have offered to take the club on and Carson would have held on to it for grim life. Him keeping hold of the club ended up being about a lot more than not having anybody wanting to take the club off his hands.
11:01, Mon 4 Nov
bluer than blues
Wolves 1-1 where Gardner got sent off. We were 1-0 up at the time and if he hadn't have made that unnecessary tackle, we'd have won and wolves would have gone down instead. We'd have won the cup and stayed up.

Thought he dived for the second booking, or was that the first?
Revere me.
11:02, Mon 4 Nov
DES
And I hate to say this too - you really can't compare us to vile, it's uncomfortable, but true all the same.

All viles owners had to do was pay a quid to the Fake Doctor and make him go away - they had a ready made prem club in waiting for it, same with Baggies and to a much lesser extent Wolves.
Thanks to our HK listing and it's importance to our owner/s we are virtually unsaleable. As Daniel has told us many times, until the holding company gets another stream of income that isn't BCFC, we are stuck.
DES
11:02, Mon 4 Nov
Someone earlier on this thread used a great word,
Losing to Fulham in 75 changed the whole trajectory of the club, facing down rather than facing up!

Kro

Only those of a certain vintage will appreciate how big the fa cup was back then! Bigger than winning the title or the European cup to fans!
Sad sad night @ Maine Rd.
11:06, Mon 4 Nov
DES
DES
Someone earlier on this thread used a great word,
Losing to Fulham in 75 changed the whole trajectory of the club, facing down rather than facing up!

Kro

Only those of a certain vintage will appreciate how big the fa cup was back then! Bigger than winning the title or the European cup to fans!
Sad sad night @ Maine Rd.

You lot need to get over it. It was a second replay against lower league opposition wasn't it? Had plenty of opportunity to put them away.
Revere me.
DES
11:08, Mon 4 Nov
Rev, THATS EXACTLY why it hurts so much!
Coulda woulda shoulda
Kro
11:10, Mon 4 Nov
The season before the Fulham semi Blues finished 19th in the League. The season after Blues finished 19th. The season of the semi itself Blues finished 17th.

I do wonder if that team was really as bloody brilliant as some make out to be honest.