16:07, Mon 4 Nov
Just returned from sunning myself in Egypt. Talking to the Danish Kids Entertainer who was running a football session - He took one look at my lads Blues kit and started talking about the team and admitted he was a fan. On being asked how - The first pack of Pannini type stickers he was ever given had a Blues badge in them - He has followed us ever since!
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
17:00, Mon 4 Nov
Living in London, I went to pompey on the coach from Victoria. There was lad drinking various cans of beer (looked like leftovers) in front of me on the coach. When we got off asked each other where the ground was. He was from Dublin and had followed Blues ever since the 4-3 at Anfield, even moved to England to get to all the matches. We went the pub opposite the station fora session and met a family Blues from Torquay. It was the one we won 1-3 in the late 80s.
17:23, Mon 4 Nov
Robert Hopkins
Just returned from sunning myself in Egypt. Talking to the Danish Kids Entertainer who was running a football session - He took one look at my lads Blues kit and started talking about the team and admitted he was a fan. On being asked how - The first pack of Pannini type stickers he was ever given had a Blues badge in them - He has followed us ever since!

Not as random as that but met a Geordie in Spain once (he owned a bar/cafe there) who was Blues
17:26, Mon 4 Nov
Durham Blues
Living in London, I went to pompey on the coach from Victoria. There was lad drinking various cans of beer (looked like leftovers) in front of me on the coach. When we got off asked each other where the ground was. He was from Dublin and had followed Blues ever since the 4-3 at Anfield, even moved to England to get to all the matches. We went the pub opposite the station fora session and met a family Blues from Torquay. It was the one we won 1-3 in the late 80s.

You met a Blues fan on the way to a Blues match? Like totally random.
Revere me.
20:25, Mon 4 Nov
Chris White (who laterly went on to play for us) used to drink in our local WMC Burntwood,he'd often be seen sporting his Gold Blues necklace.

I think he was at the Baggies at the time.
20:32, Mon 4 Nov
Sweepover
Chris White (who laterly went on to play for us) used to drink in our local WMC Burntwood,he'd often be seen sporting his Gold Blues necklace.

I think he was at the Baggies at the time.

Think he was Whyte, didn't even realise he was local. He massively diversified our town in that case!

What's bad is I don't know that WMC. In my memory there was St Matthews, the Gramgemoor, two on Chasetown High St, Firs, Bridge Cross, Hazelwood and another over that way. Was Burntwood by the Institute and old school?

In its pomp the licensed premises per capita ratio in Burntwood must have been amongst the highest in the country. There's about 40 pubs to overlay onto that.
Revere me.
21:47, Mon 4 Nov
Mines actually not a blues fan but a viler.

On a bar crawl in tokyo last year and spotted a villa screensaver on a phone. Me and my mate gave him some hell and then downed some sake together.
22:04, Mon 4 Nov
Not a fan, as such, but when I was in Turkey a couple of months back, one of the waiters asked who I supported... Told him Birmingham City and he said “ah Peaky Blinders!” He hadn’t seen the kit launch, he just knew of Birmingham/Peaky Blinders connection. I showed him the kit launch video... I’m sure he is now a keen follower...
22:09, Mon 4 Nov
On the train to the arsenal cup final and got talking to a fair few people from the south west - I was living near Swindon at the time and the train had come from Wales via Bristol I think

One bloke from Bristol was at a game in the 70’s at Ashton gate v blues with his dad and brother

Was that impressed with the blues turn out that day he decided to be a blues fan

Spent the next few years nagging his old man who finally gave up and let him start traveling up to brum for games

Has been going ever since
22:14, Mon 4 Nov
Went on a boat trip in Marmaris in Turkey and we moored up on one of the stops at a little village. As we were walking through a market area I could hear a familiar tune being belted out in a Turkish accent, shit on the villa!

One of the stall holders was selling fake football kits, stood in the middle of Turkey in his Blues top singing shit on the villa at the top of his voice!! My lad was about 11 at the time and was in his top as well so the guy made a beeline for us having photos taken and gave us a good deal on a load of fake kits LOL!!!

He'd been over to St Andrews for a few games while visiting family and even got tickets to the cup final in 2011.
22:40, Mon 4 Nov
Pre season friendly in Austria vs Nuremberg c.2008. Stayed in Salzburg and went to see Austria Salzburg play the day before our game. This Salzburg fan we met said he’d give us a lift to our game the next day, which was 50 miles away. We weren’t hopeful but good as gold he and his mate turned up in their car as agreed to pick us up. The thing was, when they picked us up they both had Blues shirts on, but hadn’t mentioned the day before that we were their English team! All because they’d been to the NEC with work, loved the city and had got a game in at St Andrews whilst they were there.
23:51, Mon 4 Nov
Durham Blues

I think I was there then. Is that when David Gaddis got a hatrick and I’m sure we played in the red Patrick kit.
23:52, Mon 4 Nov
SteveB69
Durham Blues

I think I was there then. Is that when David Gaddis got a hatrick and I’m sure we played in the red Patrick kit.

Geddis not Gaddis 😱
06:01, Tue 5 Nov
Last summer went for a few days to Valencia. I wore the new Blues home top that had just come out a few weeks before. Whilst sitting sipping a drink on the beachfront a Spanish looking lad on a bike slowly comes into view wearing same top as me! I got up and shouted "up the blues" he just looked at me briefly as he went past as if I was some sort of wierdo before carrying on , and that was it, no conversation. Oh well!
Was at Universal Orlando last year, and had 4 different people come up to me and shake my hand as I had a retro blues top on.

Massive club