11:45, Fri 8 Nov
"Numerous"? Harding is usually on the bench (but has been playing for a while), Bailey gets on it ...Seddon had a couple of games but has been MIA for a while.

That apart, a few turned out at Portsmouth, that's it.

I'm all for promoting kids if they are good enough, but lets not suddenly make out we're a 21st Century Busby Babes...
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
15:09, Fri 8 Nov
Bellingham, Bailey, Trueman, Sefton, Harding...not bad for starters....
08:22, Sat 9 Nov
steve aerobic
In a lot of ways transfer embargo's work because it forces the club's into using home grown talent, just look at us and Chelsea....coincidence?

steve aerobic
But we have used under 23s on numerous occasions this season mostly to good effect and often have several on the bench, it's good to get them used to the first team squad and to get time on the pitch

Good points, I agree.
08:32, Sat 9 Nov
We have one player from the academy playing week in, week out. Bailey gets cameo appearences and Harding is wheeled out only when Max Colin isn't available - he probably won't even play today at centre-half.
09:28, Sat 9 Nov
Balti
We have one player from the academy playing week in, week out. Bailey gets cameo appearences and Harding is wheeled out only when Max Colin isn't available - he probably won't even play today at centre-half.
As for the other two, Seddon hasn't been seen in God knows how long and Connal Trueman will be doing well if he makes any kind of career at all.
11:33, Sat 9 Nov
Yes, but they are involved which gives all the academy players a boost...
14:33, Sat 9 Nov
Balti

It seems to me that they're being introduced in the manner that they ideally should be - one by one, carefully and patiently, only when they're ready. What changes would you make to that strategy?

The point is that it only takes one player to achieve a regular starting place to set off a ripple effect that ripples downwards through every level below the first team as well as outside of the club. The message inside that ripple is that 'this club is actively seeking to nurture young players and promote them into the first team squad, with a view to keeping them there and turning them into local legends if they can avoid them being head-hunted by huge clubs - which, even if it happens, is not a bad thing for the player themselves and the club will get fresh funding.'

That player will still be talking to his mates in the youth squads and will feed back news, such as what it feels like to score the winner in front of the Tilton. His excitement will spread downwards and the youth players will be dreaming of achieving the same, every time they score a goal on the training pitch.

The youth players affected by this have families and friends. Those people will see the player who came through the ranks on TV and will want to see their aquaintance follow the same path. They will know that the door is wide open for that lad as long as he is good enough. The only thing in his way is his ability and confidence level.

This system creates a buzz of excitement which can run through the veins of the club from top to bottom and through the supporters. It only takes person to make this happen. We have that person right now in the first team, making history. There are others knocking on the door behind him - (I would like to see more of Bajrami, for example). As you can tell, I think that this is a great thing for the club that I support and I am genuinely excited about where the club goes from here and how this new commitment to develop youth players can assist with that.
14:46, Sat 9 Nov
Spot on. Great post.