I'm not sure, I don't think Villalba gets into our strongest XI.

Sunjic McEachran
Crowley Bellingham Bela
Jutkiewicz
I got the horses in the back
15:28, Mon 13 Jan
fairkop
If I had his missus I wouldn't have the strength left to get to the ground let alone training

I don't want to put a dampener on all our dirty fantasies.

But she may have a small libido, and as such require sex once every 12 months.

I know someone like that, see.
15:36, Mon 13 Jan
AmeliaBlue

Sunjic McEachran
Crowley Bellingham Bela
Jutkiewicz

👍 Bela is better.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
15:39, Mon 13 Jan
Super Hans
AmeliaBlue

Sunjic McEachran
Crowley Bellingham Bela
Jutkiewicz

👍 Bela is better.

Bela is very, very good.
16:08, Mon 13 Jan
Luke
.......The whole make up of his deal was strange and my uninformed guess is that we my have seen the last of him, with him moving back to Spain. .....[/i]

Fran’s signing was 100% down to Paco, who set up the deal then personally took him under his wing. Fran was struggling to adapt to the Championship, then an injury, then illness. He could hardly speak any English when he arrived, but has had lessons. Meanwhile Paco left very suddenly, and a replacement was appointed immediately. I wonder how that change of assistant, and the circumstances underlying it, has affected him.

One can understand why Fran has found the transition difficult. I hope he now has some better fortune, and earns a run of games - even if from the bench. His technical ability is excellent, but he hasn’t been able to do himself justice so far.
16:15, Mon 13 Jan
I like Bela, he's a good signing.

He's got pace and strength, he's got some skills and stuff...but he's also very direct and effective.

He puts crosses in, he has shots, looks a goal threat, does this weird thing with free-kicks where he put them on or near the target instead of in the back of the stand.
16:16, Mon 13 Jan
Spike

He's got pace and strength, he's got some skills and stuff...but he's also very direct and effective.

He puts crosses in, he has shots, looks a goal threat, does this weird thing with free-kicks where he put them on or near the target instead of in the back of the stand.

The assist Saturday sums him up, quick and direct with end product, really like him, really good signing - In fairness, the clubs scouting this last 6 months has been pretty good.
16:19, Mon 13 Jan
Agreed yeah, I think our signings for this season have been good.

Which - and I think you said this on another thread? - makes it more disappointing that we are still not making progress. We should be doing better because we do actually have some good players.
16:21, Mon 13 Jan
Hopefully with JCS and Roberts resuming their partnership this weekend, Bela hitting some form, Sunjic back and (fingers crossed) Crowley and Jude getting starts we get another result the weekend and build some serious momentum.
16:33, Mon 13 Jan
We'll be up to fourteenth before Easter 👍
16:36, Mon 13 Jan
I would love to see us pick a team and stick with it for a few games to try and let it gel.

Obviously that depends on injuries and suspensions and stuff.

I would like us not to bottle it and just make that a bunch of grinders though.

I don't want Bellingham behind the striker - because I really think he's good enough to play in the middle of midfield, but I could live with it. And I thik it would help him to be played in a consistent position.

With Roberts hopefully back and Clarke-Salter, the back four should pick itself. The Camp thing, not worth discussing any more.

Sunjic, Juke, Crowley, Bela, non-negotiables for me. I would like McEachran get a bit of a run as well. Maybe with perhaps - Crowley, Bellingham and Mrabti behind Juke we could try and get something going up front. One thing's for sure - all the chopping and changing hasn't been doing us much good.
17:20, Mon 13 Jan
Spike

Which - and I think you said this on another thread? - makes it more disappointing that we are still not making progress. We should be doing better because we do actually have some good players.
Effin this
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
17:28, Mon 13 Jan
Spike

All true and I like him too. He struggles with defensive duties though. No doubt many of you will say that doesn’t matter but I would argue otherwise.
19:35, Mon 13 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Spike

Effin this
Problem is that until these signings are given game time instead of warming the bench or not even making the match day squad we aint gonna make progress , unless
we believe that players like Mags and Davis etc who have manfully kept us away from relegation the last couple of seasons, are going to improve with age.
19:55, Mon 13 Jan
We aren't going to get players at this level good at everything. There has to be a quid pro quo and a balance. If you have 4 defenders and two centre mids who can cover, the other 4 should be good at the sharp end (notwithstanding they should do normal tracking back like most players do). But you don't need a no 10 who can tackle, you need one who can pick a pass and score a goal.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.