LondonBlue
Bela's About
Mental isn't it. The lad is excellent.

I assume he's homesick.

It's mental people think Mehrabti is more useful than Villalba.

I don't want anymore "we'll piss this league" comments from people who turn their backs on good technical players when we first sign them, just because they don't "track back" like Maghoma or "get stuck in" like Kieftenbeld. You get the team you deserve. Which is why we'll always be a mid-table Championship Club. Blues fans hate the idea of progression, of playing decent football with decent footballers.

I disagree that Blues fans hate the idea of progression. Or that Blues fans are to blame for the fact that we don’t play a particular way. It’s a shame you have a poor opinion of your fellow supporters. Personally I want to see us play better football. I loved Jim Smiths team in the 80s. But I believe it can only happen successfully and be sustained if it happens gradually and with a mix and that you sometimes need pragmatism. Walk before you run. To try and change to it overnight and by wishing to play only out eleven technically gifted players at the expense of all else is living in cloud cookoo land. Like Dong does.
13:42, Wed 15 Jan
Bluenose_68
In cases like this i am reminded of what Rowett used to say about Reece Brown.

its not just about talent. its about how they apply themselves every day- whether that be in training or on match day. What intensity do they bring? How do they train? How dedicated are they to improving the weaker parts of their game etc etc

He is also a young kid who has moved countries to a very different culture and climate to what he is used too. Yes thats part of the job but it does happen that for some they just arent happy.

Its a shame as i think in terms of quality and talent hes definitely got something

Good post. Agree on all counts.
13:43, Wed 15 Jan
Mr Blue Sky
Adszx
Injured, or getting the Mrabti treatment?
Any idea what’s going on with him?

Punching well above his weight with his missus, posted a picture earlier of them sat in a car, she is one fine looking lady, lovely shape...like a old School Jaguar

Heard he is off to Almeria

I will miss his missus
Probably not punching above the weight of his wallet
Maybe I've missed it but I can't remember anything great that he's done for us so far. Scored a goal against Boro that Randolph should have saved. Other than that I can't pick much else out
13:49, Wed 15 Jan
It’s a fair criticism. It’s a shame because he’s a great talent and looks good on the ball. But clearly there are other issues. But as other posters have said, other qualities are required too not just being technically good. We can’t just pick the eleven players in our squad who look the best and expect to win. Some people though think that’s all that’s required. But I also agree with some who say better managers could be getting more out of some of these talented players regardless.
18:50, Wed 15 Jan
Hes got great feet and much talent . I just dont think he fancies getting kicked up in the air by some hairy arsed Centre Half from Heckmonkwike every week .I dont think hes a fit for the Chamionship
10:00, Thu 16 Jan
fairkop
Hes got great feet and much talent . I just dont think he fancies getting kicked up in the air by some hairy arsed Centre Half from Heckmonkwike every week .I dont think hes a fit for the Chamionship
You taking the "P" ?
DES
10:36, Thu 16 Jan
davenports
fairkop
You taking the "P" ?
Just checked, he has one goal and no assists, so think his mrs will be missed more than him!

KRO