14:45, Fri 10 Jan
All,

In an ideal world we'd go out and get a proven goalkeeper of Prem/Championship quality in January but get the impression that's not going to happen.

Seeing a bit of a clammer starting to put Lee Camp back in goal which has surprised me I must say.

Yes we've shipped a lot of goals during Trueman's spell in goal but can't honestly remember him being at fault for any of them, a lot of them have been defensive lapses, individual mistakes and the odd decent strike.

Camp for me served a purpose at a time of desperation last year but is far too calamitous and not good enough for to play at this level anymore and would be better served to oversee Trueman and Ramos coming through.

So who would you rather in goal for the rest of the season... Trueman or Camp?

KRO.

Re: Trueman or Camp?

14:50, Fri 10 Jan
Trueman. I don't shit myself when he dives on the ball.

That's how I know.
14:51, Fri 10 Jan
Camp.

If he plays we concede less.

The defence are scared shi*less when Trueman is behind them.
No authority. Too young for our current predicament.

I hope he has a good future but I also hope we don't have to play him again this season.
14:56, Fri 10 Jan
Trueman.

Camp is what he is and if he comes back, we'll have 50 threads a week about how shit he is again until he's dropped.

Never go back.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
14:56, Fri 10 Jan
The defence shit themselves with Camp behind them too and that was with him hardly facing a shot in some games.
15:05, Fri 10 Jan
Camp. End thread.
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
15:06, Fri 10 Jan
Trueman, definitely.

Camp is crap, he makes the easy saves look difficult and has dropped lots of clangers this season, he's finished, he'll retire in 3 months time.

Truman isn't great but he saves the simple ones and he saves the odd really difficult one, he's definitely better the Camp, his reflexes are far better.

We still however need a new solid top quality keeper if we are to achieve anything in this league, it was shit recruitment in the summer to leave ourselves in this position.
15:10, Fri 10 Jan
I have to say Camp - In the games I have seen Trueman play I have only seen him make the odd actual save the worldy one tbf can't remember the game but the point is only the odd save. Does that mean that when we have conceded he was in the wrong position so got totally beaten without even being able to make the save, where as Camp might have been better placed.

I do think think Camp is the better keeper, and if it wasn't for his odd clanger there would not even be a debate. But I think where we are Truemans confidence is probably pretty low and probably needs a coupel of u23 games where he keeps a clean sheet to help him out.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
15:14, Fri 10 Jan
I do think think Camp is the better keeper, and if it wasn't for his odd clanger there would not even be a debate

Unfortunately Camp made lots of clangers, resulting in him getting dropped from the team and replaced by Trueman, which is why we are having the debate. So unfortunately for Lee, his clangers have to form part of the debate..
15:16, Fri 10 Jan
Saul Goodman
I do think think Camp is the better keeper, and if it wasn't for his odd clanger there would not even be a debate

Unfortunately Camp made lots of clangers, resulting in him getting dropped from the team and replaced by Trueman, which is why we are having the debate. So unfortunately for Lee, his clangers have to form part of the debate..

He made a shed load last week alone, Blackburn just couldn’t capitalise on them.
15:19, Fri 10 Jan
Trueman for me, hasn't done anything spectacular but hasn't made the type of errors camp makes.
15:36, Fri 10 Jan
Camp.

He's better than Trueman is almost all aspects of goalkeeping as much as people don't want to hear it.
Dong Ren Out.
15:44, Fri 10 Jan
Trueman, Camp is utter shite.
15:54, Fri 10 Jan
Another vote for Camp from me. He’s a much better keeper - he makes mistakes but keeps things much more organised than Trueman. Playing people who are inexperienced at center back with an inexperienced keeper behind them means Trueman doesn’t have the chance to cost us a point or two - were already 3-0 down!
15:57, Fri 10 Jan
Lee_C
Trueman, Camp is utter shite.
Birmingham are 4 points(and 4 teams) clear of the relegation zone and people say we are doomed. villa are in the relegation zone and people say they are safe, this place is an utter drama queen area.