22:23, Sat 11 Jan
I'm assuming a level of reasonable understanding on your part.
22:24, Sat 11 Jan
I understand Vardy either has to be facing goal or doesn't have to, yes
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
22:27, Sat 11 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
I understand Vardy either has to be facing goal or doesn't have to, yes

Its better when Vardy is facing goal. Which is why Leicester try to make that happen. Salah does well with his back to goal. Which is why Liverpool play that way. Juke has neither speed or a good touch. Which is why our central midfield players struggle to find him or put the ball into a space he can use.
22:31, Sat 11 Jan
Maybe they should try to find our wide men then and use Jukes strengths. After all Liverpool's full backs have assisted more than any other fullbacks in the league, even though Salah likes to play with his back to goal 😆😆
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
22:32, Sat 11 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Maybe they should try to find our wide men then and use Jukes strengths. After all Liverpool's full backs have assisted more than any other fullbacks in the league, even though Salah likes to play with his back to goal 😆😆

We do that. It works sometimes. Robertson often plays a ball from wide into feet. Arnold less so. But our way, to the back stick, is a bit limited. Which is why we struggle to score goals. Thanks for bringing this 360.
22:34, Sat 11 Jan
We don't do it enough obviously, because you say Juke can't play in this team. If getting it wide and hitting the box with crosses was our plan A, Juke would be perfect 😆😆
22:38, Sat 11 Jan
Imho Juke is an old fashioned CF who lacks pace and mobility; is not strong technically; not great at link up play & mostly scores with his head. His scoring is not prolific.

On the other hand, he’s tremendously resilient; he works & tires the CBs; is excellent with his head; has a great work ethic; is a proper team man and has scored a good number of goals for us this season - despite poor service.

In his 32nd year, he’s still making a very good contribution for us, and he’s been amazing value. Even without Che (a massive setback) and James Beattie (who worked wonders with him).

Even Gary Linekar had limitations, which he’s always acknowledged, yet still won a WC golden boot. Juke isn’t my kind of player, personally, but he’s been very good for us, and is still very good for us. So I have a lot of respect for him. He’s ‘proper Blues’.
22:39, Sat 11 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
We don't do it enough obviously, because you say Juke can't play in this team. If getting it wide and hitting the box with crosses was our plan A, Juke would be perfect 😆😆

We don't. Because it's hard. It's why the top teams have stopped doing it.*

*mostly (for Rab).
22:40, Sat 11 Jan
SOBLUE
Imho Juke is an old fashioned CF who lacks pace and mobility; is not strong technically; not great at link up play & mostly scores with his head. His scoring is not prolific.

On the other hand, he’s tremendously resilient; he works & tires the CBs; is excellent with his head; has a great work ethic; is a proper team man and has scored a good number of goals for us this season - despite poor service.

In his 32nd year, he’s still making a very good contribution for us, and he’s been amazing value. Even without Che (a massive setback) and James Beattie (who worked wonders with him).

Even Gary Linekar had limitations, which he’s always acknowledged, yet still won a WC golden boot. Juke isn’t my kind of player, personally, but he’s been very good for us, and is still very good for us. So I have a lot of respect for him. He’s ‘proper Blues’.

I could not agree with this more.
22:43, Sat 11 Jan
As I've said Liverpool do it more often than we do. Jesus scores a lot of headers. Lewandowski and Giroud do too. And Kane and Abraham.
The key is using the players you've got to maximise results.
We don't. That's why people are blaming Pep. Justifiably so
00:12, Sun 12 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Are you seriously saying Crowley cannot pass to feet?
Jukes hold up play was fine today btw, until he was knackered after 70 odd minutes.
If he'd have played for them today, we'd have lost

Good point. Why not play to Jukes feet and play off him more often. Perhaps its that Crowleys decision making is poor or he doesn't follow instructions? Maybe that's why he has been dropped.
00:38, Sun 12 Jan
Bluestaines
Rab C Nesbitt
Are you seriously saying Crowley cannot pass to feet?
Jukes hold up play was fine today btw, until he was knackered after 70 odd minutes.
If he'd have played for them today, we'd have lost

Good point. Why not play to Jukes feet and play off him more often. Perhaps its that Crowleys decision making is poor or he doesn't follow instructions? Maybe that's why he has been dropped.

Juke has a very erratic and often clumsy touch with his feet. Moreover, if the opposition screen him, he doesn't have the mobility or speed to make space for himself. He does not stretch a defence and only causes problems from deep crosses to the far post. Otherwise he can be very easily defended against.
00:41, Sun 12 Jan
Judging by glimpses Crowley's personality on field it's also possible he doesn't follow instructions.
DES
01:04, Sun 12 Jan
scouty
JUTKIEWICZ 7.5
A dominant header for his ninth of the season. Yes.

and involved in a never-ending scrap with Matty Pearson and Sonny Bradley.
(Because he can't get away from them)

His hold-up play was excellent,
(Was it?)

his industry magnificent.

(Lumbering around isn't industry)

To think he’s been criticised this season.

(Not as a person, but in how he limits the team)
Scouty!Well done mate wrong on every level!!
Kro
01:34, Sun 12 Jan
DES
I'm wrong that his header was dominant?