19:53, Mon 13 Jan
Yeah Einstein and Newton were proper thick.
Lee
01:43, Tue 14 Jan
That list can get in the sea.

Where is Kevin Bridges? And none of you mentioned him.

One of the best for years.
No Ren or Pannu?
07:40, Tue 14 Jan
saxondale
I'd go Milligan, Cleese, Everett. Sessions.

:-)
08:28, Tue 14 Jan
Ricky Blotto
Yeah Einstein and Newton were proper thick.

Whoosh
12:33, Tue 14 Jan
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Peter Cook...
13:58, Tue 14 Jan
Lee
Lee
That list can get in the sea.

Where is Kevin Bridges? And none of you mentioned him.

One of the best for years.

I was just scrolling down and ready to slot him in, but you beat me to it. He's bloody hilarious, love him!!
14:19, Tue 14 Jan
The answer to the question who is Britains Greatest Comedian, is of course, the 42nd best comedian in Britain, Stewart Lee.
John_Smullen
Birmingham are 7 points clear of the relegation zone and people say we are doomed. vile are in the relegation zone and people say they are safe, this place is an utter drama queen area
15:25, Tue 14 Jan
Wingman Blue
Comedian? Or comic actor?

Stan Laurel, Peter Sellers and John Cleese were comic actors, they by and large delivered scripts ( which they often co-wrote and often extemporised).

If it was just a stand-up comedian, then in the last fifty years it has to be the Big Yin.

Lee Mack’s stand up is good. Wouldn’t say he’s not a comedian.

Frank Skinner should be in there. Gervais should be top. Billy Connolly right up there which I agree with. Stewart Lee should be higher.

Always rated Izzard then went to see him live and he redid loads of his old bits, almost like a “best of”. Not for me - keep it fresh or get off the stage! Went down massively in my estimations after that.
16:50, Tue 14 Jan
jack dee,jim davidson,lee evans
17:00, Tue 14 Jan
Jasper
17:09, Tue 14 Jan
Best of Eddie Izzard. Bet that was a short show.
19:57, Tue 14 Jan
Where are Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. Comic legends
20:39, Tue 14 Jan

Also - Laurel is shit. No 1!!!!!

This, Laurel and Hardy leave me stone cold.

I'd have to second any calls for Bob Monkhouse to have been on the list, "the comedians. comedian"

Also no space for Kevin Bridges! disgrace. Kevin is very Glasgow and it puts off a lot of people, but he is Connolly's favourite living comedian.
Regards, Mick