20:37, Mon 13 Jan
Waggeh
Maddison only has six months left on his contract which I suspect is why they are accepting 2 and a half million.

I highly doubt we'll be paying anywhere near that amount for someone with half a season left on their contract.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
17:47, Tue 14 Jan
Wanted him at blues for a few years now 👍
17:53, Tue 14 Jan
Not the type we require at all.
17:59, Tue 14 Jan
Agree. Especially with the way we are playing. He's no better a player than Crowley, who we have sat on the bench.
Given that Peterborough have Messi and Ronaldo (according to their chairman) playing for them, it's a wonder they aren't top of the pile by 20 points.
18:21, Tue 14 Jan
Finchy
Not the type we require at all.
He’s an absolute snip at 2.5 mill and we’ve been tracking him for over 2 yrs now.
With this season dead in the water he would be a signing for next season when Montero and Mags are gone.
Obviously a new keeper and striker are required but it’s hardly like it’s going to make much difference now that both playoffs or relegation are unlikely.
18:32, Tue 14 Jan
If we come out of this window without a new striker and a new goalkeeper then it either proves Pep has no say over transfers or that he is completely incompetent.

Or maybe even both.
@stevanderman
19:01, Tue 14 Jan
I believe £2.5M is his release clause, as stated by their chairman a while back.
19:14, Tue 14 Jan
It is his release clause but by all accounts, their chairman has said they are paying the amount of the release clause but in instalments rather than losing him for free in the summer.
19:19, Tue 14 Jan
jefflynneshair
If we come out of this window without a new striker and a new goalkeeper then it either proves Pep has no say over transfers or that he is completely incompetent.

Or maybe even both.
It’s historically difficult to get the right deal in the January window and I reckon if there’s nothing doing it might be better to wait till the summer now that the seasons all but done as far as we are concerned.
19:31, Tue 14 Jan
If he’s in his last 6 months of his contract then £1 million is a fair enough offer.
19:34, Tue 14 Jan
jefflynneshair

Or maybe even both.
It’s historically difficult to get the right deal in the January window and I reckon if there’s nothing doing it might be better to wait till the summer now that the seasons all but done as far as we are concerned.

Unless we’re secretly under another transfer embargo
20:34, Tue 14 Jan
Shouldn't think we are under another umbongo, we are within ffp. I also reckon we'd have heard about it by now.
21:24, Tue 14 Jan
Have a feeling we may come back in for this one with Fran potentially out the door
21:35, Tue 14 Jan
If we are planning for next season I'd rather Bailey was given a chance, 2.5m is money we don't have in an area we are currently stocked in.
22:52, Tue 14 Jan
No way will they be paying 2.5M for a League One players who's free in a few months. 750k - 1 Million max I’d have thought