12:43, Wed 22 Jan
davenports
sheffield blue
Bored and well-lubricated, a portion of the crowd stormed the barriers and ran onto the pitch. Shortly before midnight filming was called to a halt, at which point some of the unpaid extras began to throw beer-cans at the production crew, shouting “we want what we were promised.”

Only at Blues!
Still the same lovable scallywags !

And people wonder why Coventry won't give us anymore tickets.
Just because my opinion differs from yours, doesn't mean mine is wrong.
16:12, Wed 22 Jan
recall it well!!
16:13, Wed 22 Jan
Escape to Victory?
What did the Knights in White satin?
16:23, Wed 22 Jan
yep and two other dramas .one with the coloured actor as a cop,and a bluenose...prog when Prince Charles came to match,jim smith wasmanager,..King George also came and thousands were locked out..(records destroyed when bomb hit main stand)..was also in a local drama but memory gone sorry,and I gave away my scrapbooks...back to when my granddad played and scouted arghcan,t recallmanagers name! it,ll come to me..
16:30, Wed 22 Jan
storer and brocklebank
16:31, Wed 22 Jan
also was in the drama..HUSTLE
19:42, Wed 22 Jan
sheffield blue
Bored and well-lubricated

Coincidentally, also the title of one of Diddy Dave's films.
The Belle of St. Trillions
08:39, Thu 23 Jan
sheffield blue
Bored and well-lubricated, a portion of the crowd stormed the barriers and ran onto the pitch. Shortly before midnight filming was called to a halt, at which point some of the unpaid extras began to throw beer-cans at the production crew, shouting “we want what we were promised.”

Only at Blues!

So 1967 the famous Summer of Love with Swinging London getting the 14 hour Technicolour Dream at the Ally Pally (Syd Barrett, John Lennon etc) and the promise of a rave at St Andrews with Jean Shrimpton in attendance ended up like this. Two Thousand pissed up Brummies standing in the rain with not a clue whats happening on the pitch.

As you say only at Blues 😃
09:12, Thu 23 Jan
Rags
Great film ... FOR ITS TIME ... one of the first to use a documentary style telling of a story. Although by today's standards it appears a little corny an awful lot of what it depicted is very relevant to today - especially its focus on celebrity status and how easily people can be manipulated. It was incredibly controversial at the time.

Shown regularly at Art Festivals these days

If anyone wants to watch it in full the link is [hdfy.to] .. the scenes from St Andrews start at about 1h 02mins just after the conversation in the Cannon Hill Park hothouses ... and then crops up extensively over the rest of the movie

I still think its a great movie Peter Watkins transferred the style he had formulated when making Culloden and the more famous War Games onto the big screen well. Would love to have seen the reaction on the faces of the Universal Executives at the first viewing. The BFI notes ( with the DVD) suggest he borrowed heavily from The Triumph of the Will for the scenes shot at St Andrews. So yeah can understand the controversy.

Agreed it stands up well in predicting the effect of Celebrity and controllling the masses. I think it sits well alongside other pop stars in odd movies ( say Performance or The Magic Christian) being made at the end of the 60s and early 70s.

Have to be in the mood to watch it though... Bit like The Blues at the moment... Big sigh!