NotFitToLaceDeanPeersBoots
Is the end of your garden the top or bottom?

Which end ?
15:07, Wed 22 Jan
Peakyblue
But a leg has a bottom at the top

An easy mistake to make. But no. The front legs have a head (or top to be more scientific)
15:32, Wed 22 Jan
The back of the net in a goal is actually the front of the net.
Just because my opinion differs from yours, doesn't mean mine is wrong.
15:41, Wed 22 Jan
Bottom of course

I love this forum for inane debate such as this

Reminds me of boring times in a previous job when we used to debate animal fights and who would win out of a Polar Bear and a Grizzly or Stoat v Weasel
15:58, Wed 22 Jan
Don't be ridiculous John.

I appreciate there might not be much to think about in your neck of the woods but what is the front or back of a net is the sort of question you might ask if you're trying to deflect attention away from an offer of a local fish speciality.
16:35, Wed 22 Jan
True. The Tilton is 'behind' the goal, so the part of the net facing the Tilton must be the back, ergo the part of the net that the ball connects with when a goal is scored is the front.

Get in. Front of the net!
weaponsguru -
"To be fair, the worse side I've seen at St Andrews this season is Blues"
16:37, Wed 22 Jan
Well, clearly the end nearest my house is the home end, so that must make the other the away end...
18:17, Wed 22 Jan
notts_blue
True. The Tilton is 'behind' the goal, so the part of the net facing the Tilton must be the back, ergo the part of the net that the ball connects with when a goal is scored is the front.

Get in. Front of the net!

Thank you.
Just because my opinion differs from yours, doesn't mean mine is wrong.
I think we'll need to get Paul 'bottom hand corner' Ince in to sort this one out.
20:16, Wed 22 Jan
Micky Darrell
Level with the roof?

You live in a hole?

Not sure which part of my - 'i live on a hill' you struggled with ??
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
20:38, Wed 22 Jan
Sorry Robert, I don't speak Elvish.
Given the title of the thread a discussion about garden nomenclature (which we've had before) wasn't what I was expecting! 🤣