Looked into applying for my Irish passport just yesterday. Second generation
10:27, Tue 4 Feb
Casper
That's my cousin. She was great. Our family is split pretty much half-way, when it comes to supporting 2nd city football teams. Sorry to say, despite growing up southside of the city, she doesn't support the Blues

I have just watched this on the iPlayer.

Casper, please pass on my congratulations to Angela for a fantastic programme. She is such a natural presenter.

Many things resonated with me...far too many to mention here but I’ll pick out two. Firstly the atmosphere after the ‘74 bombings. As a son of an Irish immigrant I remember the stick people like my dad got, and the fear subsequently passed on to me. As Angela explains it was understandable In some ways as people needed someone to blame.

Secondly, at 09:40. Was there a Catholic family that didn’t have that picture hanging in their living room wall😁?

Really enjoyed that though 👍
Be warned if you are eligible for an Irish passport get an application in soon if you want your passport before 2021. My son's application to register as a foreign birth (a pre-cursor to getting his passport) has just been approved....about 8 months after he applied. This means he can now finally apply for his passport.
11:09, Tue 4 Feb
generalBlue
Fekk me Rog , you look good for 7 I
👍
Hahaa cheers general
11:19, Tue 4 Feb
WorcsAzul
Be warned if you are eligible for an Irish passport get an application in soon if you want your passport before 2021. My son's application to register as a foreign birth (a pre-cursor to getting his passport) has just been approved....about 8 months after he applied. This means he can now finally apply for his passport.

Not unless Saul is 2nd Gen, and one/both of his parents was born in Ireland, in which case it really is a piece of piss to get your first Irish passport, with the new online portal. Took me about 2-3 weeks from applying online, uploading photo, getting form witnessed/signed by designated professional, sending application to Dublin, and the passport being returned.

Agree re our kids though, as there is that additional 'registering foreign births' process, which they say can take up to 9-12 months.
the king loves me
11:27, Tue 4 Feb
MSM
No known ancestry myself, but my wife is a Cockney whose parents are from Clare and Galway. Love the country so much, we are resettling to Clare this year.
11:34, Tue 4 Feb
Great grandparents from Athlone and my wife’s family from the Aran Islands - she visits there regularly. Following the EU referendum my children now have Irish citizenship/passports.
11:34, Tue 4 Feb
Yeah, I don't need to go through the foreign birth thing for the reason above, I'm eligible to go straight through the portal, thanks both.
11:44, Tue 4 Feb
Mom is from Dundalk. Love going to Ireland to see family and do feel at home there. Not really interested in their sporting teams though.
For anyone considering getting one also bear in mind that anyone who has parent(s)\grandparent(s) born on the island (not just Roi) in any of the 32 counties in eligible
12:36, Tue 4 Feb
Yeah, you just reminded me I need to get my Irish passport sorted out quite sharpish.
Tilton Rifle
Mom is from Dundalk. Love going to Ireland to see family and do feel at home there. Not really interested in their sporting teams though.

The vinegar man, The Pheonix, Russells, Courtneys, The Wee House(anne st)
Some good boozers in and around park st
Was in the vinegar man a few weeks ago. Great pub. My grandad drank in the Windsor.
12:57, Tue 4 Feb
Thanks so much for the heads-up on this programme. My parents came here from Co. Limerick in the 50s and my Dad got a job on the buses. Stayed in Brum til his death in 2006.
13:28, Tue 4 Feb
Will show the Mrs this. Her dad was from Kerry, but she always class herself as English thou, but respects her dad,s roots.