13:29, Wed 12 Feb
Crowley isn't getting back in that team.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
13:32, Wed 12 Feb
Bluenose_68
maybe we just dont need a manager at all. Seemingly the players have got it all in hand..you know what with them picking the team and the tactics and all...
Are you saying it didn’t happen?
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
13:58, Wed 12 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluenose_68
maybe we just dont need a manager at all. Seemingly the players have got it all in hand..you know what with them picking the team and the tactics and all...

How do you know it did?

Its a rather convenient position for people who have been critical of pep to now hold. "oh but it was the players"

Can have a bet if we get dicked 3 nil saturday it will be squarely back on Peps shoulders by those same people
14:08, Wed 12 Feb
Bluenose_68
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluenose_68

How do you know it did?

Mentions it twice in this interview
14:20, Wed 12 Feb
I have no idea who is responsible for the turn around in fortunes; players, coach, assistant, chance etc. I’m delighted we’ve won three on the bounce. I’m happy we’re still in the cup. I’m disappointed that we started the season with a good but unbalanced squad. I don’t fully understand how the club and team is being run and by whom but the signs and rumors don’t inspire much confidence. I’m rueful that the season has been yet another of transition and we have wasted half a season on a now seemingly abandoned experiment. I’m happy with the new style of play but then I was also happy with it when I saw it a year or so ago, albeit this season with some better players. The small run of results has made me more optimistic and I’m enjoying that feeling but, objectively, last night was our first League clean sheet since October. I am hopeful the recent unbeaten run and victories are the green shoots of revival but you’ll forgive me for waiting a little longer before declaring that Pep is the bedrock of our future progression. Wouldn’t it be great if he were though?!
14:23, Wed 12 Feb
MForssell9
Bluenose_68
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluenose_68

How do you know it did?

Mentions it twice in this interview
🤣🤣
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
14:28, Wed 12 Feb
No-one is claiming it didn't happen, just pointing out the utter naivety of suggesting it wasn't sanctioned by the manager and that, that's exactly what professional footballers are meant to be able to do. React to a given situation and change things on their own.

Why not equally mention how, in the Bristol game the complete opposite occurred and was talked about post match? "Well the game plan went out of the window inside 40 seconds did you think about changing it?"...Answer.."No, we believed our tactics would work and stuck with them."

The one big criticism of both Rowett and Monk was. If plan A failed we didn't seem to have either the players or manager to change it. If Blues players were knocking off and pulling up "injured" rather than play, then fair enough, in that case it looks like the manager has lost it. That's not how it's been though has it? Just maybe the players have the confidence to know their manager won't drop them for taking the initiative?

We were 1-0 away from home against a team who were desperate last night . In the 2nd minute of injury time Sunjic pops up on the edge of their box. We all know that Monk and Rowett would have had Sunjic chained to our back four by then don't we?

It's very much a work in progress, this i do know though. It's a refreshing change when the ball comes out of defense and you think "Well at least Bela and Bellingham are liable to 1, control it, and 2 do something useful with it." Chuck Jukie and Hogan into that mix and just maybe for the first time in some time, we can be bang average and still win a game with players like that call on?
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
14:30, Wed 12 Feb
Monk always looked for another goal imo
14:34, Wed 12 Feb
so he refers to difficult conditions on the pitch and needing to adapt. Literally what every professional team should be doing every game
14:44, Wed 12 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluenose_68

Maybe those same players were deciding the tactics when results were going against us?

Or were they only responsible for the positives whilst, of course, the negatives were entirely Pep's fault?
15:27, Wed 12 Feb
It is quite plausible that the manager sent the team out with instructions, and if necessary to change things if plan A didn't work, so therefore the the players changed it.

Also in general if an opposing team applied a certain tactic that took the team by surprise then of course they would adapt themselves to combat such situation and change.
15:34, Wed 12 Feb
*thumbup*
Thongs
15:37, Wed 12 Feb
You can level that at Rowett, not at Monk. We tried to play on the front foot under him. You always do this, make out like whoever the last bloke was was rubbish compared to whoever is in the chair now. Its not binary all the time.
Thongs
15:37, Wed 12 Feb
Dirty Bertie
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluenose_68

Maybe those same players were deciding the tactics when results were going against us?

Or were they only responsible for the positives whilst, of course, the negatives were entirely Pep's fault?
Players shouldn’t be deciding tactics. End of
18:50, Wed 12 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Dirty Bertie
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluenose_68

Players shouldn’t be deciding tactics. End of

And only a player who has lost his place has claimed that they did.

Players will always discuss things amongst themselves and quite rightly so. That doesn't mean that they literally determine the tactics.

But if it suits your preconceived prejudice to interpret Dean's remarks in that way, then fine.