08:02, Thu 13 Feb
Dirty Bertie
Rab C Nesbitt
Dirty Bertie
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluenose_68
maybe we just dont need a manager at all. Seemingly the players have got it all in hand..you know what with them picking the team and the tactics and all...
Are you saying it didn’t happen?

Maybe those same players were deciding the tactics when results were going against us?

Or were they only responsible for the positives whilst, of course, the negatives were entirely Pep's fault?
Players shouldn’t be deciding tactics. End of

And only a player who has lost his place has claimed that they did.

Players will always discuss things amongst themselves and quite rightly so. That doesn't mean that they literally determine the tactics.

But if it suits your preconceived prejudice to interpret Dean's remarks in that way, then fine.

If only that was the case but in successive interviews Pedersen and Juke have said the same so no its nothing to do with a man scorned by being dropped.Whether we like it or not the players have decided to take matters in to their own hands having followed instructions to play tippy tappy football for 22 games and realised it gets you to about 18th position in the League - at best.
08:04, Thu 13 Feb
Mr Blue Sky
Fat Buddha
Meanwhile another defeat for St Garry. Against Luton.

Interesting really, Garry got all the praise while all along, Pep was the brains behind the operation.

Wonder when Pep will get the full fans support, as some seem quite stubborn and need to grown up and appreciate what’s in front of them,
So now Pep is the brains behind Monk's success. But waited 5 months while here on his own fiddling with systems and style, before reverting back to what Monk played here.
And we're still below them, with a better squad imo
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
08:16, Thu 13 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Mr Blue Sky
Fat Buddha

Interesting really, Garry got all the praise while all along, Pep was the brains behind the operation.

Wonder when Pep will get the full fans support, as some seem quite stubborn and need to grown up and appreciate what’s in front of them,
So now Pep is the brains behind Monk's success. But waited 5 months while here on his own fiddling with systems and style, before reverting back to what Monk played here.

I’d disagree, Monk had them 3rd not long, lost his best striker they are flying down the table, lost to a horrendous Luton side last night.... We’ll be above them by Sunday.
08:46, Thu 13 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Mr Blue Sky
Fat Buddha

And the players had to push him into that reverting back as well. Apparently he couldn't see it for himself.
08:51, Thu 13 Feb
David Xavis
Rab C Nesbitt
Mr Blue Sky
Fat Buddha

I’d disagree, Monk had them 3rd not long, lost his best striker they are flying down the table, lost to a horrendous Luton side last night.... We’ll be above them by Sunday.

I couldn't care less about Sheffield. The truth is when a particular manager/coach pair are successful together it doesn't mean one is the brains and the other nothing. They both are now doing badly alone. So, they probably should have stayed together. It would seem at Blues this season, Peps had a go, Rens had a go and now the players are having a go. Time for a proper manager.
10:26, Thu 13 Feb
Just like Cotterill was the brains behind Harry...
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
10:29, Thu 13 Feb
The idea that the players are picking the team and tactics is ridiculous FYI.
10:38, Thu 13 Feb
number8
Just like Cotterill was the brains behind Harry...
Blimey. Yeah, that was also also claimed😁
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
10:40, Thu 13 Feb
David Xavis
The idea that the players are picking the team and tactics is ridiculous FYI.
Tbf people have commented on what Juke and Dean both said after the Forest game on camera
10:52, Thu 13 Feb
Mr Blue Sky
Fat Buddha

Not sure if anyone can find the Q & A they done live on blues tv

Pep, Monk, Rush, Flav they were all there and I remember thinking Pep is the brains.

Gaz said a couple of times that he was still learning from Pep which I thought sounded strange at the time
10:59, Thu 13 Feb
Mr Blue Sky
Fat Buddha

There is a middle ground here

We've had an average season, we're 14th in the league which to me isn't particularly great with the talent we have, the performances have been very mixed, we've had spells of playing pretty poorly with some good games thrown in.

We've won the last 3 games, brilliant. It doesn't make him a magician, and similarly he's clearly not the worst coach in the world either.

I still don't see him as someone who will get us promoted, I think things have often been muddled and over-complicated and it might be that the injuries have pretty much forced him into naming a consistent team for the first time this season.

Promotion is ultimately the aim and I'd prefer a proven manager, if he was sacked tomorrow I don't think he'd get another job at this level again. I'll back him for as long as he's here but reserve the right to say when I think he should be doing better.

It's not all black and white and our opinions and positions shouldn't dramatically change back and forth and inside out based on a weeks football.
11:03, Thu 13 Feb
*applause*
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
11:04, Thu 13 Feb
👍
11:43, Thu 13 Feb
Good post 👍
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
11:53, Thu 13 Feb
Yes, good post. I'd add a couple of things - I honestly thought he'd 'lost the dressing room', as they say a few weeks ago, and it was at that point I thought he'd have to go before we were dragged into a relegation fight a la Zola. Clearly though, the players seem to be working for him and battling, so I think I was wrong there. Someone mentioned a possible turning point against Forest, and I think that has some merit - at that point, we did look dejected, and if their penalty hadn't been saved by Lee 'The Cat' Camp, and we'd have gone 2-0 down, perhaps things would have been very different. There does seem to be a solid team spirit though.

In defence of Pep (well, maybe) I think the directive, if that's what it was, to become a total football team immediately was, well, total bollocks. You're only as comfortable as the weakest link, and unless we have a team full of footballers at the very least, it's not going to work. The right way to do this is surely a transitional period where more quality is brought into the squad, while keeping as much of it's strength as possible. Funnily enough, whether by design or by accident, that's pretty well what we've got now - a transitional side. We've added Bellingham, Sunjic, Hogan, JSC, Bela, Crowley and Montero - all players with ability, and we probably now have more quality footballers in the side than we have since relegation.

What we have to have with that added ability, though, is fight, spirit and determination, and having Juke, Gardner and the back four in there adds that steel to the side - although I don't doubt that five or six of the above also have that grit about them.

I'm mindful of Bruce's experiments with 'expansive football', although I don't think he ever really trusted creative players - the side that was relegated in 2006 was arguably our most talented, man for man, in our history, but had very little fight about them - I really didn't like much of that side. He traded guts for ability, and we were in a league where other teams had more ability.

It might be 4-4-2 (nothing wrong with that), it might not be Dongball, but if it gives us a solid side with added ability, then that (to me) is a good transitional step. I still feel that we need a 'manager' rather than a coach, but if we;re learning from mistakes - or at lest if Pep, and the club, are learning from them, then I can live with that.
The Belle of St. Trillions