DES
11:16, Thu 13 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Tbf I've heard loads singing that, and with the other words in the chant it makes more sense.
I’ve also heard Blue boys, from Brum sang

what I loved about that song (boot boy version) was it had a bit of the KRO about it, Vile nor Baggies sang it just us.Pride of Birmingham!
11:25, Thu 13 Feb
DES
Didn't make sense though.
Should really be

"Come to Birmingham and you will see,
We wear Docs 'n' look trendy,
We don't wear loafers or slip on shoes,
We are the boot boys, we're Blues.
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
11:36, Thu 13 Feb
davenports
Inspector Montalbano
De, de, de, der, de,de,de ,der, de,de, de,de,de derrrr knees up mother brown....
Knees up Mother Brown ,Knees up Mother Brown,
Under the table you must go, ee, yai, ee,yai, oo !
If we find you wank**g, we'll saw your legs right off

I like the way you've asterisked the 'i' and the 'n', so as not to cause possible offence. 😂
The Belle of St. Trillions
DES
11:47, Thu 13 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Didn't make sense though.
Should really be

"Come to Birmingham and you will see,
We wear Docs 'n' look trendy,
We don't wear loafers or slip on shoes,
We are the boot boys, we're Blues.

I love the way you are either re engineering the past Rab OR you must have been singing that version on yr own!

KRO
11:57, Thu 13 Feb
DES
Makes more sense though, Desmond 😉
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
it was 100% most definitely BOOT boys.
Brother Tam
davenports
Inspector Montalbano
De, de, de, der, de,de,de ,der, de,de, de,de,de derrrr knees up mother brown....

I like the way you've asterisked the 'i' and the 'n', so as not to cause possible offence. 😂
it was "if we CATCH you wank**g".
Albert - Lord Birmingham
Brother Tam
davenports
Inspector Montalbano

It was indeed, Albert - not exactly Simon and Garfunkel, to be fair. 😀
13:03, Thu 13 Feb
It's sung quite often, including Tuesday.
13:10, Thu 13 Feb
I started one back in the mid-70s, to a Mungo Jerry song from the time:

‘You’re a bald headed barsteward dressed in black, dressed in black, dressed in black, dressed in black, black, black.’
Aimed at the ref, obviously, so long as he had a shiney head (even more obviously) Stuck around for a year or two IIRC.

I also started the long running ‘Cockney scum, get out of Brum’ - should have copyrighted that one; don’t know if it gets chanted any more though.
Cowinbovril
13:17, Thu 13 Feb
It does. Good on you
13:20, Thu 13 Feb
I couldn’t have been more than 12 or 13 at the time, Rab- doubt my voice had even broken, but the boot boys were open to more influences in those days😁
Cowinbovril
13:22, Thu 13 Feb
😀
In fairness nowadays a lot would just tut at you standing up and enjoying yourself
13:22, Thu 13 Feb
Mr Driscoll
I started one back in the mid-70s, to a Mungo Jerry song from the time:

‘You’re a bald headed barsteward dressed in black, dressed in black, dressed in black, dressed in black, black, black.’
Aimed at the ref, obviously, so long as he had a shiney head (even more obviously) Stuck around for a year or two IIRC.

I also started the long running ‘Cockney scum, get out of Brum’ - should have copyrighted that one; don’t know if it gets chanted any more though.

Ha, yes, I do remember that one. To the tune of Long Legged Woman Dressed in Black. It was particularly effective if Roger Kirkpatrick (a.k.a Mr Pickwick) was reffing - actually, he was a great referee.
Albert - Lord Birmingham
Brother Tam
davenports
Inspector Montalbano

Certainly was ,my mistake but in my defence I did post late last night after some light refreshments!! The asterisks were of course to keep up standards.
As I was the first to bring up the Ansells brewery ditty last night I think the only true version is with the words "Boot Boys " End of.