18:35, Thu 13 Feb
Lee_C
I watched Ferencvaros when i was in Buda, if you are going you're best going to the ground the day before to get a membership card, everyone has to have one or used to anyway to get in the ground( i went 4 yrs ago). Was farcical when i went, didn't realise needed membership card, queued for about an hour to get that, to then have to queue for another hour for a match ticket, i got in around half time lol.

Feckin Aamir.
18:39, Thu 13 Feb
DES
DES
lewk
Hi all, I'm off to Budapest on Monday 17th and come back Thursday 20th. has anyone watched a game of football over there before? wanna try and catch a game if i can.

Is it safe to go to a game with my Misses? which team etc?

not even sure if there is a game happening whilst I'm over there. I've tried searching but had no luck.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Is Honved still the top club over there? they certainly used to be!

I was a teenage armchair Honved fan
the king loves me
18:49, Thu 13 Feb
Lee_C
I watched Ferencvaros when i was in Buda, if you are going you're best going to the ground the day before to get a membership card, everyone has to have one or used to anyway to get in the ground( i went 4 yrs ago). Was farcical when i went, didn't realise needed membership card, queued for about an hour to get that, to then have to queue for another hour for a match ticket, i got in around half time lol.

Feckin Aamir.

😀 Still sounds easier then it was getting a Cov ticket.
18:50, Thu 13 Feb
666VAN
Lee_C

Feckin Aamir.

Sorry I'm late, but at least Aamir now.
The Belle of St. Trillions
DES
20:41, Thu 13 Feb
Brother Tam
666VAN
Lee_C

Feckin Aamir.

Sorry I'm late, but at least Aamir now.

🤣 good play on words!
08:40, Fri 14 Feb
Hi, Yes I did a game there went to go see Ferencvaros V Paksi in the league, cant remember the name of the stadium. I had to sign up to be a Ferencvaros member online beforehand to enable me to purchase tickets. Got the train there, took around 20 mins or so. Picked up tickets which was on a Sat afternoon, had a beer at the stadium in this café type place before heading in having a few more inside.

Whilst in the ground, impressive and large stadium but not many people in there at all. Was absolutely freezing and the standard of football was awful. Zoltan Gera was head and shoulders on the pitch and he was like 33 at the time and was never that good anyways.

Despite the rubbish football, it was a great experience and totally worth doing. Very safe, took my wife too and no trouble or anything, though it did help that the away fans had brought like 25.

Well worth it, always a great experience doing any game abroad.
20:35, Fri 14 Feb
Just got back from 4 days in Budapest,great city,very cheap beer.Your right definitely need to have a membership card to stand any chance of getting a ticket.Nice modern ground easy to get to from the city centre on the metro.