12:09, Fri 14 Feb
One of the best atmospheres ever. Was on nights so had to shoot off straight after, so could enjoy celebrating. Might be getting mixed up but weren't we second behind Brentford going into the match and leapfrogged them.
12:13, Fri 14 Feb
It was a really ferocious noise made by Blues. I remember the brentford players arguing about taking a corner at the Tilton/kop corner after the last 2 corners had sailed strait out of play behind the goal.

It really was a great noise and the tirade at brentford players taking corners will stay with me forever.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
12:15, Fri 14 Feb
Bluemarc81
Rasputin
That's the one where Daish got booked for blowing a trumpet chucked from the crown wasn't it?

No wasnt that Chester away? Same season though

Defo Chester we had half the ground......could have had all of it, Chester didn't know what had hit them.
12:17, Fri 14 Feb
Didn't Barnett snap his achilles tendon ?
12:23, Fri 14 Feb
Yeah, that was an innocuous one - Achilles injuries usually are.

I seem to remember they just banged a ball down the line and he ran across to cover it with nobody near him and he just went down in a heap.

Barnett was massive for us that season, he and Peter Shearer had a real intimidation factor. Nobody fancied rumbling with those lads...in fact, didn't Shearer's Achilles go as well?
DES
12:30, Fri 14 Feb
Spike
Yeah that was what I meant though I explained it badly.

He got injured at Wembley and shouldn't really have played against Brentford but he did because it was massive, he scored the first goal and got another smack on the knee so he limped straight off.

Poole was ace. There was a lot wrong with Fry but that deal to swap Dave Regis with us getting Poole and Jonathan Hunt was absolute daylight robbery.
Barry Fry signed abouty four from southend, not sure if Hunt was one of em, but certainly Poole was cracking player at that level.
Loved Big Kev, proper Blues!

KRO
13:07, Fri 14 Feb
Hoppy
Didn't Barnett snap his achilles tendon ?

Yes, achilles, my mistake.
The Belle of St. Trillions
15:51, Fri 14 Feb
Shearer and Mark Ward, what a midfield that was
16:06, Fri 14 Feb
I think Shearer started quite slowly, then got absolutely brilliant, then got injured really badly and never played again. A real loss.
16:10, Fri 14 Feb
The Liverpool cup game 0-0 that season was also immense in terms of noise and atmosphere as was the 0-0 v Bradford where they came and parked the bus. I think if we'd have beaten Bradford we went up but we couldn't manage it and had to go and beat Huddersfield away last game to guarantee promotion, it was only 1 up automatic that season too.
16:20, Fri 14 Feb
Hoppy
Shearer and Mark Ward, what a midfield that was

Mark wars rarely gets a mention but he was a fantastic footballer, complete class above in the third division, even at his age.
16:20, Fri 14 Feb
macca salop blue
The Liverpool cup game 0-0 that season was also immense in terms of noise and atmosphere as was the 0-0 v Bradford where they came and parked the bus. I think if we'd have beaten Bradford we went up but we couldn't manage it and had to go and beat Huddersfield away last game to guarantee promotion, it was only 1 up automatic that season too.

The Bradford game was really annoying - I think the announcer described us as something like 'Champions elect', which really pissed the Bradford side off, as he made it sound like it was a formality that we'd beat them. From memory, it ended 0-0 and they scrapped and battled for everything just to prove a point.
The Belle of St. Trillions
16:49, Fri 14 Feb
Yes, post Wembley & all the Taity ‘T’ shirt hype, it was a proper Blues big night match, the players and crowd were so united, and there was only going to be one winner. Big Kev’s one legged goal epitomised the spirit in the side, which was full of leaders/characters/underrated lower league, formerly, players. An example of how WE as a club can be intimidating - in a football sense - and almost unstoppable at times...

Putting top flight ‘Boro - Brazilians and all - to the sword on a freezing night at St.Andrews, when big Kev was awesome, and Norwich in the Quarters: down to ten men and Daishy’s towering late & looping header, and his reaction, said it all...

Brentford away 5-0 drubbing aside😳 - is always a good ‘hunting ground’ for us. Whereas at home, recently...

Let the ex player always scores/villa ‘failures’ prosper at Blues trend continue.

Also, forgot the 16k Leyland Daf atmosphere (Ist leg S/F) too👍👍👍👍👍

KRO
‘They’ll always break your heart, son...’
17:00, Fri 14 Feb
Brother Tam
macca salop blue

The Bradford game was really annoying - I think the announcer described us as something like 'Champions elect', which really pissed the Bradford side off, as he made it sound like it was a formality that we'd beat them. From memory, it ended 0-0 and they scrapped and battled for everything just to prove a point.

It did end 0-0, and the announcer did indeed announce the 'champions elect', Birmingham City. Not a good idea, plus we attacked the Tilton first half. Typical Blues!
08:49, Sat 15 Feb
Spike
Yeah, that was an innocuous one - Achilles injuries usually are.

I seem to remember they just banged a ball down the line and he ran across to cover it with nobody near him and he just went down in a heap.

Barnett was massive for us that season, he and Peter Shearer had a real intimidation factor. Nobody fancied rumbling with those lads...in fact, didn't Shearer's Achilles go as well?

Shearer hobbled off in the first half of the next game v Brighton at home, I think after he had just scored to put Blues 2-0 up.

Blues were really blowing out of their arses by now. This was a game they could easily have lost. 2-0 up and cruising before that immense dickhead Uriah Rennie decided to send off Gary Cooper for a challenge that was barely worthy of a yellow card. 3-2 down before Mark Ward equalised with a rebound from a penalty.

I worry that today's ref is a bit like Uriah Rennie, thinks he's the star of the show..