20:00, Fri 14 Feb
I am sure it's a great place if you live there (not that I have). If you don't, you think it's crap. That's what I don't like about it - the feeling you have to love it. I'd resent having to be there and becoming part of the band of people who are up their own arses.

That’s a lot of it.

The tube in the summer is horrific at times. Especially in the evening.
@Bluewurst1875
20:07, Fri 14 Feb
I hate the place,it seems to me that the only English people you meet there are tourists. My son,on the other hand worked there and loved it. He works in Dubai now and says that he would only come back to England to work in London.
20:09, Fri 14 Feb
Worked there on and off over a whole summer a few years ago. Was building the network in The Treasury.

Hated it. It was a shit hole then, and still is now. Absolutely nothing to recommend it.

IMHO.
20:09, Fri 14 Feb
Dubai seems like the only place on Earth I'd like to live less than London. Takes all sorts though doesn't it.

As others have pointed out London is great for a few days, great pubs, food, music, just loads happening. Not sure I'd cope long term.
20:12, Fri 14 Feb
Waggeh
Dubai seems like the only place on Earth I'd like to live less than London. Takes all sorts though doesn't it.

As others have pointed out London is great for a few days, great pubs, food, music, just loads happening. Not sure I'd cope long term.

He has a great lifestyle but if he didn't live there,it isn't a place i'd keep going back to.
20:18, Fri 14 Feb
Went to South Woodford to stay at a pals. Went for a few drinks. Got mullered.

Someone totally unrelated to our group had a fight and threw a pint glass at someone, when it smashed a piece of glass flew 15ft. across the room and hit me bang in the middle of my eyes. Half inch to the left my name would have been eyeball-Paul.
Horrible 3rd world shithole
I love London. It's the old capital of the world. NYC being the new. Regret not living there when I was in my 20s but nowadays get to spend a couple of nights a month.
Lived there Jan-85 to Sept-89. Didn't like it at first but worked in the NHS so was put up in a Nurses home for about 2 years, happy days.

Eventually married one of them , a Durham lass and mother of my beautiful daughter. eventually moved away as we could.';t get on the property ladder.

She knew Londinium quite well with relatives in Hounslow. So got to know the place quite well.

Sat pm Leicester Square Holsten Bar then the Lamb & Flag, next Covent Garden pubs;

Sunday am Petty Coat Lane market for her, me in the pubs cos they were open;

Sunday pm Hyde Park; speaker's corner (fecking brilliant):

Some gay group telling the assembled listeners that what they did was natural, only to by told by a bunch of drunk Aussies that, "there is nothing natural in bouncing up and down on a man's bottom" and that's a quote.

Plus a woman waving a Papal flag and a bloke in front of her waving a Ulster flag tied to a walking stick , heckling her.
DES
21:12, Fri 14 Feb
London, greatest city in the world, first visited in 1968 and now all these years later still absolutely love it, never lived there but for a single bloke wouldn’t think anywhere better!

Kro
21:20, Fri 14 Feb
Total marmite for people. If you’re young or young at heart and got money and like the hustle and bustle it’s great. If you have to watch your pennys and don’t like getting shoved about its not for you. Abject poverty and dirty rich are never that far away from each other. I can understand why a lot of people can’t stand the place
I lived in Haringey and I liked the place especially central London. I know my way round which helps.
Have had a good craic there many times since being back in Brum as well. But some ended in the Nick and Bow street Magistrates. All mistaken identity of course.
21:34, Fri 14 Feb
Sister lives in Wimbledon. Expensive. Miles out from real London. Crap schools. Posh twerps. Takes fricking ages getting anywhere. But you gain kudos from being there coz you are surrounded by other twerps who think it is fab.
08:09, Sat 15 Feb
Lived in London (now Farringdon) for over 10 years. Couldn’t imagine living anywhere else in the UK to be honest.

I come back to Brum occasionally for games and get bored very quickly.

I can see why people wouldn’t like London and I too hate the tube. However, if you live somewhere like Farringdon and don’t mind walking - you rarely need to get to the tube.
09:04, Sat 15 Feb
Roland_Weary
Lived in London (now Farringdon) for over 10 years. Couldn’t imagine living anywhere else in the UK to be honest.

I come back to Brum occasionally for games and get bored very quickly.

I can see why people wouldn’t like London and I too hate the tube. However, if you live somewhere like Farringdon and don’t mind walking - you rarely need to get to the tube.

As long as you work somewhere with a shower available, cycling's a much better way to get aroud than the tube.
09:15, Sat 15 Feb
Love London, married a Cockney, lived in Clapton, Hammersmith and Ealing before moving out to Beaconsfield. Still work in London and still enjoy going out. Borough and Spitalfields were great before the boring hipster types arrived, the City is an amazing place for history and boozers, favourite pubs, too many to mention.

Would be great if one of the younger lot could sort out a proper London Supporters Club again.