16:02, Tue 24 Mar
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Birmingham City have emerged as the first Championship club to ask their players to take wage deferrals, in a bid to protect their short-term future.

Players earning over £6,000 a week at Birmingham have been told to take a 50% deduction in salary for the next four months, in correspondence sent to agents which has been seen by Telegraph Sport.

Birmingham's board have asked players to accept a cut of half their monthly wages until June this year, with the salaries to be paid back in four instalments when the football season resumes.
16:05, Tue 24 Mar
Sounds fair.
16:06, Tue 24 Mar
Yep, we might be the first, we certainly won't be the last.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
16:29, Tue 24 Mar
"Told" and "Asked" in the same article.

So which is it?

Can a player refuse?

Can they get a free transfer if asked?

More questions than answers in that article.
www.sevenstarphotography.co.uk
17:19, Tue 24 Mar
The real world. Working in car industry we are regularly asked to bank hours which in short equates to the same. Maybe the PFA/EDL should be stepping up to the table
Seems reasonable. Also, any player who refuses is not likely to be the most popular man in town, particularly as some lower league players have already agreed to do this on far lower wages.

Players must have seen this coming anyway, or at least their agents will have.
18:18, Tue 24 Mar
Wonder if Dong deferred some of his wad
18:21, Tue 24 Mar

Has he got a big wad ?
18:34, Tue 24 Mar
StechyBlue

Has he got a big wad ?

301k pa in the last accounts
20:33, Tue 24 Mar
Been agreed by many of our players already ......fair play boys didn't have to👍
20:42, Tue 24 Mar
Large number of companies are doing this, so it's only fair that footballers should do it. The situation we are in is very, very serious,
21:13, Tue 24 Mar
Yes, indeed. Fair play to them - mind you, if someone offered me £3000 a week right now, I think I'd have to say 'oh, go on then'.
The Belle of St. Trillions
21:46, Tue 24 Mar
Is this the end of the Chinese, just been slagging us off on talk sport saying how bad we must be run to do this I shouted at radio no shit but I don't think they heard me
21:57, Tue 24 Mar
Carlsblues
Is this the end of the Chinese, just been slagging us off on talk sport saying how bad we must be run to do this I shouted at radio no shit but I don't think they heard me

I actually think this is a sign they’re taking shit seriously, I suspect a fair few other clubs will be in the shit soon enough.
God
21:59, Tue 24 Mar
In this particular instance I would say we are being run quite well.
Promoted again.